Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aftermarket air filter ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
any suggestions - must be reasonable priced : )
bd1308
PVC elbow...rubber PVC pipe connector piece...and a FLAPS airfilter.

b
Bleyseng
stock is good and cheap! in fact its really good so others are a waste of money popcorn[1].gif
dlo914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jan 9 2006, 05:38 PM)
PVC elbow...rubber PVC pipe connector piece...and a FLAPS airfilter.

b

BTDT popcorn[1].gif biggrin.gif
Allan
Go stock. Buy an stp, fram, purolator, or what ever is on sale...

If you live in a dusty climate change it more often. The filtering on the intake side, although important is readilly handled with the mainstream and aftermarket.
jimkelly
alright - I'll stay stock - I just wanted to get that huge box off the top of my throttle body so that I can see more of my engine at a glance.

Hell - who am I kidding - I never open the engine lid anyway - 7 zillion miles on one oil change : )
Maltese Falcon
I will be making some of these this spring, mandrel bent duct, and a K & N style cone filter (cleanable and re-useable) . Proll'y in the $100 to $120 range. You can also do what many do > also called the ghetto ram air kit on other forums I surf !

Home Depot pvc ends, cone air filter (U.S. made)> I've seen the $10.00 Chinese ones disintegrated into many intake manifolds barf.gif ...and bingo NEW filter!
This one pictured , on our 2.0 makes a great induction sound-- and I've noticed that the revs don't drop as much between hi rpm shifts, compared to the oe filter.
Marty
Maltese Falcon
...nuther, ain't that engine purdy ?
Allan
Nice stuff Marty.....

Where were you a year ago????
Maltese Falcon
Allan, at your engine lite off party smilie_pokal.gif
Marty
MoveQik
I have the unit from 9Xauto.com on my 75 1.8. K&N if I recall. I think it looks kinda cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.