Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
well im looking at a few other 914s heheh and just asked my daughter if she would drive one if i got another- she said she might , IFFFFF, it has an auto trans- keep telling her its more fun with a stick- gonna have to talk her into actually trying it tho

so looks like my question would be is there a transaxle that will swap into a 914 without modification to helen bach? like a plug n play ?
bd1308
just teach her to drive stick.

my girlfriend drives stick.

b

edit: that was the hardest thing I haev done too...she's an english person, and im liek a mechanical person....it was different. I taught her though, so it can be done. She was a great sport too wub.gif

TravisNeff
agree.gif
bryanc
When I was in Texas working as a co-op, I taught two foreign exchange students/co-ops to drive in my 914. They learned it well enough. I guess I should have told them that an front wheel drive, automatic with power brakes is quite a bit different.... happy11.gif
neo914-6
Audi auto has been done, but not documented...
Dave_Darling
So far, nobody has found any auto trans that just "bolts right up". The few autos that have been done have been one-offs, and from what little I have seen of them they seem to require quite a bit of work.

Teach her to drive stick. She can always transition to a slushbox later.

--DD
black73
I was teaching my then 15 year old daughter to drive the 914 a couple of years ago when she slammed it in reverse at about 20 mph. She cried, the engine died and I screamed. She hasn't driven a stick since.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.