Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 wire harness going to need one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Luke M
I was checking out the wires on the 914 when I saw a couple of fraid wires.
I took a closer look and found more problems, burned wires.
So, out came the wire harness. Has anyone built a new harness before?
If I can get all of the wire and ends I can make one. And can I omit some of the wires that dont get used? I'm going to run a 2.7 six. I'll make one unless someone sells them here?
Luke
Bleyseng
You are going to have to hunt around for a NOS one but they are around.
Maybe see if Rich at HPH has a nice one stashed outta a 75.
guywan914
There is a company in rhode island that will make custom harness or stock harness, you may have to supply a sample. The prices are excellent. their e-mail is info@riwire.com and web site is www.riwire.com. goodluck
lapuwali
Find a good used one. Buying good wire and good connectors to make a complete harness yourself that's as good as an OEM harness will cost you 2-3x what a clean used harness will cost. The labor required to build a complete harness is considerable, and it's tedious work. If the burned sections of your current harness aren't too long, then just repair it.

I know of what I speak, I'm in the middle of building a whole new harness with all new bits. Do as I say, not as I do.

I looked at the RI wire place, and nearly spit up a complete cup of coffee at the prices. A complete set of harnesses for a 356 is $1400! They don't list the 914, just the "old" Carrera GT, the 356B, and the 904.
Dave_Darling
Making an OEM-replacement harness is a major PITA. Not only are some of the connectors hard to find and expensive when you find them (ask Jeff B!) but making good quality crimp connections is also a PITA to do. And that is without all the hassles of laying everything out and making sure everything is the right length, right color, goes to the right places, and so on and so forth.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.