Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum connetion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventilator01
This photo is taken stading on the drivers side of a 1974 914 2.0, I am still very new to this car (finally drove it to work for the first time yesterday) I noticed this does not have a hose connected to it, and I did find a hose thats not connected to anything, wanted to post here first for any thoughts. I dont get any warm air in the car, could this be why?
Allan
It looks like somebody vented the heads. Just find a hose and run it to the air cleaner.
SLITS
There should be a breather on each head. The hoses from the breathers run to an anti-flashback valve and from the AFV to the air cleaner.

The AFV is in the circuit to prevent ignition of the crankcase fumes via a backfire in the intake system wacko.gif

Hose Diagram

The lines are in green in the second drawing
ventilator01
yes I will have to study this some, niether of mine are connected to anything, my car has a carb, not FI
SLITS
Then go buy a Bugpack breather box (VW store)....mount on firewall....one hose from each head to the box and one hose from the box to the aircleaner......

The rocker boxes are full of oil when running and will splash out as you see on your tin....

for a cheaper route....mount a 1 lb coffee can in your engine compartment and run a hose from each head....at least the can will catch the oil instead of spraying your engine tin.
ventilator01
I have two hoses that come in way down on drivers side close to where the cable comes in that releases the engine compartment door, these two hoses are not connected to anything, they look they are the two hoses in the top left hand corner of that drawing..of the previous reply things appear to have been rerouted..Will attach a couple more pics, I only see how to add one pic to a post so will add in two replys
ventilator01
pic 2
SLITS
Those hoses are for the evaporative control system (gas tank). One goes to a nipple on the engine tin and takes air from the blower housing to the charcoal canister on your fuel tank and the other comes from the charcoal canister to the air cleaner. The hoses run down thru the driver's side rocker panels.

No image needed

SLITS
Ok, try this...............

user posted image
ventilator01
Slits could I call you? My email s.hatcher@charter.net
Im really not retarded, just not a mechanic at all, and want to make sure what your telling me..
ventilator01
Got it! thx for the help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.