Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part # needed 1974 1800cc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slowpoke
I have been looking in the 914 parts book for the Part # of the rubber seal that is under the oil pressure sending unit and seals this area to the cooling tin. It looks like it would fit a type 4 VW van also. I just can't find it in the 914 parts manual. Any one have this number handy or a good method of getting it??? Thanks
Peter
Brad Roberts
Here you go.

021 119 957 PROTECTION CAPFOROIL PRESSURE SWITCH

Item 37 in the 914 PET.
Brad Roberts
Your SOL.

NLA from Porsche.

The E means NLA.

B
Slowpoke
That's the number I thought it was when I call for it. But, the guy on the phone told me $0.88. I thought that was a hell of a deal from Porsche for something that size. But, if it's not availible I guess he could have said 10 for free!! sad.gif Thanks Brad. I'll patch up th one I got.
Brad Roberts
For .88 buy one and see what they send you.

Its rare I even see these on cars still.

B
Slowpoke
Yeah, that's what I did. I'm running a mallory distributer and with the extension for the pressure switch, it leaves a pretty good size hole. I should have welded up a patch before I sent the tin out to get powder coated. I have a friend with a plastic mold injection machine. He does his own molds. I could get him to make some, out of some heat resistant plastic but like you say nobody will pay to buy one. Hello silicon RTV. Thanks
JeffBowlsby
I acquired one of these about a year ago from the Scoopbill...
MarkV
Bus Boys has it for $3.00.

http://www.bus-boys.com/aircoolsystem.html#tin
Brad Roberts
Holy Cow. Bus Boys is still around ?? Damn.. I recall when they dropped a VW bus from a huge crane during a VW event in SoCal back in the 80's.

B
Bleyseng
WestCoast Metric makes that seal for the buses and type 4's. Go to VW sites to get it.

Geoff
Slowpoke
Thanks everyone! wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.