Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of those days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, work was slow and lethargic today. Zero energy. So I got home, and thought I would start prepping the hole in the front trunk for welding repair. The replacement trunk pan had some rust in the front passinger corner, in the hardware. But my trunk was good in that spot, so it was no big deal, so I thought.

Start up the angle grinder and start wire cupping the tar rust proofer out of the front of my car. Man, wouldn't you just know that the tar was hiding a ton of additional rust? It is just enough that I don't think that I can use the doner front trunk pan. Also, it looks like my car got a nose job at some point in the past. Lots of welding marks in there.

Damn! ar15.gif

As the crowning insult, my fiance and I agreed no booze or junk food till we both lost 10 pounds, so I can't even have a post grinding beer. beer3.gif

Zach
wilchek
that a bummer, keep going it will be worth it. If you ever need a hand let me know your are just up the way a bit from me. Good luck
VaccaRabite
Know anything about welding? I am hoping to be able to start welding in patches to the hell hole and putting in a new front trunk before spring.

Also, for some reason I am antsy about pulling off the front suspension, which I know that I need to do (before I can ever get to welding in a new front trunk). I'd love a hand with it, if you have the time.

Zach

Rrrockhound
Zach,
Sorry about your luck, but if you decide you can't use your spare trunk pan and would like to unload it, let me know. I'll give it a good home. biggrin.gif
MecGen
Hi

Your situation may not be all bad...easy for me to say, I didn't make a deal with the devil... happy11.gif

[/QUOTE]no booze or junk food[QUOTE]

The only advice I can give you is, if you are going to do panel repairs, install a GOOD used part, nothing worse the screwing around with welding to rust, adding pieces, etc...
Doc&Cy might have a pan for you? if not I am sure you can find it in the classifieds.

Any wich way, good luck

Later

beer.gif

VaccaRabite
Rockhound, you have a PM. May it serve you better then it did me.

I'll start the search for a new trunk floor when I get back from camping on tuesday. Hopefully I find something quick. That front trunk is a _BIG_ checkpoint on the completion ladder.

Zach
watsonrx13
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.