Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I have some of the rubber motor mounts that go between the block and the engine bar. All three of them have a sortof wedge shape to them. Is this normal? If so, how is the mount supposed to bolt to the metal braket that bolts to the block? wacko.gif
r_towle
There are no stupid questions...

Only stupid answers.

If you are talking about the side shifter engine bar, you will have twm metal "L" brackets that are bolted horizontal on the front of the engine case...

The rubber mount has a threaded rod sticking out of both ends.

One bolts to the "L" bracket, the other bolts to the engine bar.

Look on Pelicans site for a pic.

Rich
toon1
those are the rubber mounts that I have. But they seem to have a wedge shape to them, one side is thicker than the other. I am wondering if there is an orientationwhen they are placed on the L braket between the motor bar. Is this wedge shape like this because it took a set from being on the motor?
Joe Ricard
Nope should not be wedge shaped. I think I got a couple just pm we can work out the particulars.
r_towle
Not supposed to be wedge shaped.

Buy new ones...they are a real drag to replace...gotta take the motor out, gotta take off the front fan hosing...

Do it once, they should be good for another 30 years.

Rich
bondo
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 11 2006, 08:08 PM)

Buy new ones...they are a real drag to replace...gotta take the motor out, gotta take off the front fan hosing...

Rich

I replaced mine with the engine in place and fan housing on. Just had to support the engine and take off the engine bar. (not even all the way, just one side if I remember right)

Still a pain though, I don't think I'd use used ones.
Dave_Darling
If the wedge is very pronounced (like 30 degrees or so), you may have Bus mounts. If so, find a Bus guy to use them--you need the 914 version.

--DD
Joe Ricard
Good point Dave.
Mine are new enough to still have that powdery stuff on them. I don't use them. Let me know. Yup I did it like Bondo jack under the motor pull the bar down. I think it is easier than adjusting valves.
toon1
They are definetly porsche mounts, worn out mounts at that. I have one that is ok( no wedge shape) but it is on the crusty side.The three that are wedge shaped look in better shape than the good one but for some reason they have the stinkin wedge shape goin on. confused24.gif
Allan
QUOTE (toon1 @ Jan 12 2006, 07:22 AM)
The three that are wedge shaped look in better shape than the good one but for some reason they have the stinkin wedge shape goin on. confused24.gif

There should only be 2. confused24.gif

Oh wait, you have 3 extras..
toon1
I know there are only suppossed to be two on the car. wink.gif I actually have five mounts total, one is usable, ons is cross threaded and three are wedged
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 11 2006, 07:08 PM)

Rich

You DO NOT have to remove either the motor or the fan shroud to replace either the mounts or the brackets. The Cap'n
toon1
I removed them with the motor is the car. The motor has to come out to replace engine shelf seal.
toon1
Hey Joe, PM sent smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.