Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay Fuchs lug bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian_Boss
Does anybody know anything about these lug bolts? The price seems to good to be true.

ebay link
Howard
Bought 'em, got 'em, like 'em.

Only prob is the Hex is 17mm rather than stock 19mm, so diff lug wrench.
TROJANMAN
did you buy those same ones howard?

i bought some chrome ones on ebay that had a different thread pitch than the original ones and it stripped my threads. the difference in pitch was ever so light, but they kept spinning loose. i had to replace the front rotors as a result. cheap taiwanese bolts. the guy i bought them from was in texas and he regularly sells them on ebay. i noticed this ad only read USA for location dry.gif .

i ended up buying some VW bolts from a guy in temecula.............

you can have my old chrome ones if you want them.
Howard
I looked back, and yes, the same seller.
Brian_Boss
Well, I bought the bolts in question and here is what I have observed. They didn't "feel right" when held against a wheel. It felt like the ball mating surface is slightly different.

As a further experiment, I used a Sharpie marker (CSOB Dykem blue equivalent) to color the ball and torqued the bolts on an old wheel. The only contact appears to be about 1/16" at the center, nearest the treads. This doesn't seem good to me. Any thoughts?

Also, the threads appear to be acceptable and the return address was Ontario, CA not TX.
Cap'n Krusty
You get what you pay for ............... "Almost" the same often ain't gonna do it, especially when they're the bolts that hold your wheels on. The Cap'n
pfierb
QUOTE (Brian_Boss @ Jan 22 2006, 11:52 AM)
Well, I bought the bolts in question and here is what I have observed. They didn't "feel right" when held against a wheel. It felt like the ball mating surface is slightly different.

As a further experiment, I used a Sharpie marker (CSOB Dykem blue equivalent) to color the ball and torqued the bolts on an old wheel. The only contact appears to be about 1/16" at the center, nearest the treads. This doesn't seem good to me. Any thoughts?

Also, the threads appear to be acceptable and the return address was Ontario, CA not TX.

Thanks was going to buy a set......no thanks!!!!....think I will buy O.E.M .....No fun watching one of your wheels pass you on the interstate.
Howard
Sorry, guys. Ones I got did not have that problem, just the different hex size. I did point that out to the seller and he said he would change the ad to reflect that. He didn't, so IMO you should get a refund.

BTW, how big of a hassle/cost is it just to chrome the stock ones?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.