Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Update on my son Hunter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Just a note for all my 914 friends who passed on words of encouragement at the time of his leg surgery last month.

Here's a picture of my son Hunter konked out in bed the other night. I wish I could sleep that good.

He finally got one of his casts off from his surgery a couple of weeks ago. He has little orthopedic shoes that he has to wear forever now.

His right leg is a different story. The cast came off 30 days after the surgery. While I was in Seattle at the 914 flare party for Korijo's car, he got a buckle fracture above his right knee. One of his nurses was changing him and he was rolled over on his right side. He had a brief seizure and fractured his leg. So he has a NEW cast on that leg.

Other than the leg issues, he has been doing well. I can't wait for the weather to get better take him on some walks again in his wheelchair. The rain and humidity have been awful here in Florida.

Off to bed now (after I kiss my son and secure the parts stash).

Karl
Brad Roberts
Keeping all that together redefines "family strength".

It makes our "issues" appear miniscule on the scale of life.

B
Elliot_Cannon
Hi Karl,
Hunter is lucky to have someone who loves him, take care of him the way you are obviously doing. My son is 20 now, 6ft 3 and healthy as a horse and I am very thankful for that. I wish we could somehow postpone or cancel altogether childrens problems till they are older and more able to cope. Children should be able to be children. Good luck.
Elliot
Pnambic
agree.gif

My youngest son (1 yr. old) has been struggling with a high fever for a week tomorrow, peaking at a little over 104 degrees (today while at the doctor's office). Blood tests and other tests so far show nothing.

My Porsche is ailing pretty badly and I'd love to fix it up, In fact, I had some big plans this weekend. But when your kid is sick, all else fades into nothing.

Rock on Kellzey!
Scott Carlberg
GOD bless that little kid! pray.gif
Bleyseng
Nice picture of Hunter! Wow, he sure looks conked out! I love all the stuffed animals but no stuffed 914 toys?
I would love to see a pic of Susan eating some of that Fran's rasberry sauce next.

Geoff
ChrisReale
I am glad to hear that things are getting better, and I am sorry he had a nother leg problem. That is a great shot of him zonked out.IPB Image
Dave Cawdrey
I too, have been hurtin'... Fell a couple days ago, broke my nose sad.gif

Glad Hunter is feeling better. We got some goodies comin' for him boldblue.gif

I felt better today. Prolly cuz its Keone's B-day clap56.gif He turned 2 today. Went to the zoo, and Spagetti Factory.
redshift
smile.gif

M
Curvie Roadlover
wub.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Kellzey:
I am retireing Tomorrow after working 16 yrs. in a field that provides services to people with the same and worse problems than your son has.
If you open the dictionary to the word ,Father, i am sure your name will be there.
Someone said something about it would be nice to see some stuffed Porsche Toys next to him. I can't remember where on the internet i saw them.
If some one here can direct me to that site, and with your permisssion I would like to buy Hunter a couple.
Come on guys let me know.

Thanks Dave Kimple, Barberdave smilie_flagge6.gif
Qarl
Thanks everyone. Hunter is a special little guy. Susan and I are so proud of him.

We have good days and bad. The bad days are when I think too much about the future and what will never be or the days he has lots of medical issues.

Yeah, yeah... I know... one day at a time.

Luckily he is a tough little trooper. rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
karl, glad to see hunter has cleared a corner. forward, forward, forward.

kevin
Jeroen
Hey Karl,
Great picture!
We can stand hours looking at Zoey when she sleeps.
When they're asleep like that, it's as if there's no care in the world (like it should be for kids).

Dave,
Congrats to little Keone!

cheers,

Jeroen
Qarl
BarberDave...

If you can find a plush 914.. that would be really cool. I've never seen one before.

I might have a little T-shirt airbrushed for him when my car gets done.

Regards,

Karl
Steve
It's a real bummer but the company that made the stuffed 914 went out of business.
They used to be located in San Diego.
I have also been trying to get my hands on one.
But I would love to see one on Hunter's bed.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.