Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Falken Azenis Tire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Lot of talk about tires, Sooo how bout the Axenis's
Anybody ever use this tire, or know someone that has?? I've read some good online reviews but have only seen them once in person. Not a rain tire at all from what I read. Before I buy a set I thought I would consult the almighty board for more info mueba.gif

Here's what they look like and pricing

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_t.htm
Part Pricer
Great tire for AX. It is a very soft compound that heats up very quickly. I don't think that I would use it though for regular street driving.
aufaber
Pretty Cheap, Very sticky. After extendent street use and heat cycling they do fall off a bit. Don't expect to get more than 8K miles out of them.

-Aaron G>
Ferg
Sounds like they may be a good tire for me, maybe...

I drive less than 1k a year.

I don't drive in the rain.

Occasional auto x.

Price is great.

Beside quick tread wear, what are the negitives for street driving?
aufaber
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 28 2003, 09:12 AM)
Beside quick tread wear, what are the negitives for street driving?

Um.. well.. they're a bit noisy.. but besides they they rock.

-Aaron G.
Dave_Darling
They are one of two tires to have for "street tire" class autocrossing. (STS, SM, etc.) The other one is the BFG KD tire. From talking to people who have used them, they are really good for grip. Cheap, too. Loud on the street, and they won't last long, and they are only OK in the wet (don't even think about going through snow on them!!) but they really grip in the dry!

--DD
crash914
smilie_pokal.gif Ok, first hand....I got them, I love them. Nuff said.....

These are great in the rain. I have run 6 drivers ed days in the rain with these tires. lots of grip. I run these on the street. very good wear as the car is only 2300#.

I did start to see some discolor on the shoulder after a lot of dry high track driving. The tires stay soft.

A very good value for the money. For dedicated track tires, shaved Kumos....but for combo street/track. Got mine out of pennsylvania in about 3 days for $63 each....hope it helps, herb beerchug.gif
Ferg
Herb, you da man boldblue.gif
Thanks Ferg.
Jeroen
Too bad thy don't come in decent 16" sizes...

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.