Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Service covers - Mom's style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
GaroldShaffer
UPDATE Jan 2019 Mom no longer makes these she is 90 and her vision is not good, but contact Perry Kiehl here on the world. He has taken over making these. His screen name here is IronHillRestorations

UPDATE Jan 2009 Mom has changed to a more thicker style cover. Please see pictures

This is a service cover for a Porsche 914 hand made by my 798081828384858687 year old mother. This covers both sides of the car from the rear of the doors to the bumper and most of the rear trunk lid. A flap goes over into the engine compartment to help protect the lip edge of the trunk lid and there is a tool pouch also. This is made from black vinyl that has a cloth type backing to it to protect your cars paint. She also made a storage bag for the cover. What can I say, mom has skills! IPB ImageIPB Image

These covers will fit cars with flairs also.

Price is $100 each which includes shipping in the USA. I will ship anywhere in the world

You can check HERE for testimonials from members on this site that have purchased one.

Since mom doesn't stock these they will be made only per request. I will need the money up front and will have the cover shipped with in two weeks of placing the order.

PM me with your request or post here. Thanks everyone IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
Pictures of the cover in use by club members
GaroldShaffer
another
GaroldShaffer
Last one - with flares
gregrobbins
I bought one and liked it so much that I purchased a second for the mechanic that does all the "stuff" I cant.

GO MOM smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
LOL the first one I bought was for my mechanic, he loves it.. Then I just bought another one for ME>>>>>> smilie_pokal.gif
jim_hoyland
This is a great cover !! Had the car in the local shop for a tune up and that cover protected everything ! Really nice workmanship, good looking, and functional. This is a great way to keep from scratching paint while working in engine area. The bag is a very nice touch too !
campbellcj
I got mine yesterday - great product and thanks for the quick shipping! clap56.gif
seanery
Garold,
Did I buy one from you at the FFC? I can't remember.
greg.treadway
These covers are really great. Stop using shop cloths and makeshift covers - this is the best on the market!! I bought some to carry for sale as well. Mom does some nice work!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 18 2006, 02:25 PM)
Garold,
Did I buy one from you at the FFC? I can't remember.

Nope sad.gif We talked about it but then got side tracked with the activities. driving.gif
carr914
Garold, just thought you would like to know that the 2nd one I got is getting alot of service. I gave to my mechanic for XMAS. He also uses it when working on Boxsters. Let me know if Mom is still planning on a 911 cover. I may buy a few, as I have friends asking me about them.

T.C.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (carr914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:59 AM)
Garold, just thought you would like to know that the 2nd one I got is getting alot of service. I gave to my mechanic for XMAS. He also uses it when working on Boxsters. Let me know if Mom is still planning on a 911 cover. I may buy a few, as I have friends asking me about them.

T.C.

Hmm, Boxsters idea.gif

Korijo
at $300 each happy11.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Korijo @ Feb 24 2006, 05:55 PM)
at $300 each happy11.gif

wink.gif thumb3d.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif for Mom wub.gif

I have three covers in stock. Going on ebay on 3/29 get'em here and save $$. biggrin.gif
BigDBass
Got my service cover from Garold a few days ago. It's as good as I've heard and he shipped super fast. Thanks!
bd1308
Will you bring any to the FFC as Door Prizes? cool_shades.gif
autohausdolby
What a cool idea! I'll buy one when my car has bodywork worth protecting biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
You still have any of these available? I saw one first hand in use at the ECC.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 25 2006, 10:03 AM) *

You still have any of these available? I saw one first hand in use at the ECC.

Mom has one that she needs to finish making. If you are interested please PM me.
xlchspor
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jan 13 2006, 07:59 AM) *

This is a service cover for a Porsche 914 hand made by my 77 year old mother. This covers both sides of the car from the rear of the doors to the bumper and most of the rear trunk lid. A flap goes over into the engine compartment to help protect the lip edge of the trunk lid and there is a tool pouch also. This is made from black vinyl that has a cloth type backing to it to protect your cars paint. She also made a storage bag for the cover. What can I say, mom has skills! clap56.gif biggrin.gif

These covers will fit cars with flairs also.

Price is $70 each which includes priority mail shipping in the USA. I will ship anywhere in the world

You can check HERE for testimonials from members on this site that have purchased one.

Since mom doesn't stock these they will be made only per request. I will need the money up front and will have the cover shipped with in two weeks of placing the order.

PM me with your request or post here. Thanks everyone beer.gif

Yes Please send me details,I need one asap as my car is being worked on now
xlchspor
Please Oh! Please I need one so badly,My new paint job is taking a beating,My car is down for some repairs and it needs one quickly,Thanks Dennis
GaroldShaffer
Dennis I sent you a PM.
porsha916
Hi, I would like a service cover, Please!!! I can paypal you, or if you prefer a different payment method let me know! I emailed you a couple of weeks ago, you responded, and said you would get back to me. I am still waiting. sad.gif
Take Care
Bill
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Jan 27 2007, 05:47 PM) *

Hi, I would like a service cover, Please!!! I can paypal you, or if you prefer a different payment method let me know! I emailed you a couple of weeks ago, you responded, and said you would get back to me. I am still waiting. sad.gif
Take Care
Bill

I know, mom is working on them. Please remember she is 79 now and these take a little time to make. She is trying to get a small stock of these made ahead, but it never seems to work out that way.
porsha916
Hi , I am not trying to bug you, I thought you forgot about me!
Take Care
Bill
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Jan 31 2007, 08:57 AM) *

Hi , I am not trying to bug you, I thought you forgot about me!
Take Care
Bill

No worries beer.gif I should have one by mid next week.
PeeGreen 914
I would like to know how much they are. I am very interested. Please PM me with the details.

Jon
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 5 2007, 09:54 PM) *

I would like to know how much they are. I am very interested. Please PM me with the details.

Jon

Boy do I feel stupid, slap.gif Not sure how I missed you post here. I sent you a PM.
lotus_65

cool product. thanks Garold.
ztbell
[font=Tahoma] gint.gif are the covers available?
orthobiz
Thanks, Garold. This product is great. It was easy with PayPal and Garold kept in touch the whole time.

Brad Mayeur at 914ltd worked on my car earlier this year. I said, "you know, a guy in the world's mom makes cool service covers." To which he replied, "I know. We used one when we worked on your car!"

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ztbell @ Sep 7 2007, 03:46 PM) *

Yep I have one here. Check you PM's.
kojo2001
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 7 2007, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(ztbell @ Sep 7 2007, 03:46 PM) *

Yep I have one here. Check you PM's.

I just had my car repainted and this looks like it would work great. How soft is the backing so not scratch paint? Do you happen to have one already made or close

Thanks
Justin
iamchappy
Big thumbs up Millie aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
I have two in stock. Just in time for Christmas. biggrin.gif
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 3 2007, 12:19 PM) *

dibs on one.
PM sent.

beerchug.gif
michaelt55
Hey...dibs on the 2nd one.... piratenanner.gif

PM sent. w00t.gif

Michael

QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Dec 6 2007, 11:40 AM) *

dibs on one.
PM sent.

beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
Just wanted to add my smilie_pokal.gif to a great product
slackin' at work
just received mine from garold.

all I have to say is : "holy smokes, this cover rocks!"

no more worries when tinkering on the car. place it on the car and dig-in.

now only if it had a cup hold for my beer...... beer3.gif
tango-52
Let me know when they are available again. I need one.
auerbach
Make that two. Please let me know when it is back in stock.
shadygrady
piratenanner.gif Just got mine and they are great. Tell your Mom thanks smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Hey guys, Mom was having a little vision problem, so she felt she couldn't do them until her eye problem was cleared up. She is doing better now and feels that she can make them again.

Please note she has changed her material. She now would rather use a nice thick quilted material instead of the vinyl she was using because the cost of vinly has gone up and the quality has gone down, at least below her standards for it.

tango-52
auerbach

I will PM when they are ready. I would expect within the next week.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Mom still can't beleive that us "car guys" really like them.
tango-52
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your mom is feeling better.
michaelt55

This is truly a great product, tell Millie thanks...

Michael aktion035.gif

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Dec 6 2007, 07:04 PM) *

Hey...dibs on the 2nd one.... piratenanner.gif

PM sent. w00t.gif

Michael

QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Dec 6 2007, 11:40 AM) *

dibs on one.
PM sent.

beerchug.gif

GaroldShaffer
As of 4/23/08 Mom has stopped making these covers for a while. She is having vision problems brought on by 40+ years of diabetes (sp?). While I feel her sewing is just fine, she doesn't. To quote her "I don't want to make crap stuff"
So for now everything is on hold, sorry no new orders. I will update here when (if sad.gif ) her vision gets better.

Thanks everyone.
tango-52
Sorry to hear about your mom. Give her our best. Hope things improve for her soon.
GaroldShaffer
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif w00t.gif

I got a call from mom last night that she has made two more covers and wanted me to check them out to make sure they were as good as she used to make. I took my cover over and I can't honestly tell the difference. The quality of the news ones are just as good as the ones she made in the past.

So I have two more covers for sale for mom. If you would like one please send me a PM.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.