Wow! We sure need a miracle.
Good find Buddy. Hope they are on the right track smilie_pokal.gif
bruce
rhodyguy
with haste. mutant genes!! jesus.

kevin
seanery
my fingers are crossed.

Is there anything we as a club can do to help?
tat2dphreak
I think right now it's more up to the FDA than any one else... my fiancee is in the clical research field, (she's the one who sent me the link, I had told her about Korijo a while back)

unfortunately the FDA is known to drag their feet on some new research items, like the article said, it may be 2+ years before the first patients are allowed to even try it... it's still in very early stages, but maybe when the research begins we can try and get Dave on the list of people trying it... we can only hope as of yet!

keep our fingers crossed, and pray, but at least it gives some hope.
Pnambic
Washington state is pretty darn close to Canada though, and they tend to embrace new treatments before the FDA does. If the FDA drags its feet too long, perhaps he could go on a little vacation to Canada.
scotty
2010...2020 at the latest
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
They think my brother-in-law has ALS. Thanks for the aricle. I'll print it up for my wife.
Cheers, Elliot
tryan
i have a scientific american up in the truck. this months issue was on the brain and brain disorders( als/parkinsons). amgen is close to neuron repair, but the company was having money problems.

the fda sucks big donkey weiners. a pill for diabetics was denied because TWO out of a thousand in the study died from liver damage.
the martha f'in stuart fiasco drug inhibited capillary growth in rapid growing tumors. denied. more focus was on the insider trading thing.

most of the cures rely on stem cell research, which has been cut from direct federal funding.

i'll see if i can get a scan tonight and post.

rant on. my wife is going through a hep c battle right now. zee germans and the japanese have a much better cure/treatment, but the american drug companies do not want to cure anything. they want you to take a pill everyday so they can make money. rant off.
fiid
I think the problem extends beyond the FDA. Basically I think the the entire notion of private healthcare is somewhat flawed, since the free market economy is based on certain assumptions about the ability of the market to price goods and services.

Since the value of any living being's own life is always infinate (with the exception of someone in a suicidal state) how do you put a fair price on it?

Another interesting fact is that the US healthcare system wastes enough money each year to provide coverage for all the uninsured in the country. We need to start harassing congress to start actually solving these problems and not pandering to the industry.

The research is really cool though, and seems like it may provide some answers to other diseases than ALS. I think that protein research is going to hold a lot of answers for mankind - it seems like more and more of the real nasties (like CJD, the human variant of mad cow disease) come down to wierd proteins.

Fiid.
tat2dphreak
exactly... I think the last time anyone cured anything... it was polio!!! and the people aftwerwards were like "tsk tsk tsk... you could have made millions by just stopping the symptoms so everyone can take 3 pills a day at 500 a month, oh, even better... let's go in with the insurance companies so they won't even cover new drugs for 10 years!"

what a freakin' scam!
Dave Cawdrey
I actually had to stop my one, FDA approved pill due to loss of insurance. My disability income is too much to qualify for Medicade. And the monthly cost for that 1 pill is $900.

Go figure...

BTW my broken nose still effin hurts. sad.gif
tryan
dave, nice update on the panel beating page, but you've got no brakes man. after you get the red ryder water box, we need to start a dip the tub fund. wink.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Thanks.

I can do that web design shit all loopy from the Vicodin, but cant do too much reading or typing laugh.gif I'm off the stuff today.
Gots my udder stuff smoke.gif

we need to start a dip the tub fund.

In my moment of relapse, I saw that topic. I REALLY wanna do that to the tub. In fact, I'll stop buyin' and start sellin' more to help pay fer it idea.gif .

Geoff, any in our area ?
tryan
the tub reborn thread gave me a woodro wilson. dads landcruiser could use a dip, but i don't think anything would come back up out of the vat. cool_shades.gif
rick 918-S
How many of you went to high school in the 70's. No computers, no calculators, etc. Tecnology in the computer world is still moving faster that hell. The medical research industry is filled with good intensioned working class people. Most of them have a true purpose and devotion. I think the problem is the top of that food chain. Money and saleries seem to cause blurred vision. Something seems to happen as people move through life and time. The idealist in all of us starts to dim. We need a uphoria pill for those medaling old farts. Then maybe we could cure some of these things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.