Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust Free Roller?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RD Evans
Brad...what would you charge me to drop a roller off in Temple? What do you think of the green car on the club classified page? I got engine, tranny, wheels etc. but my car needs allot of body work. Do you know of any other rollers that would be cheap and worth swapping my part to?

Thanks!
tryan
the green bean looks nice. i don't think you could ever forgive yourself if you did not get the 8-track ( and the rims and tires )

the fire must have been put out quickly.

the tread on the tires looks like the spare on the 911. 27 years. wow. i thought i was a pack rat.

maybe some mid-us ramble guys could bring it to you in oct.
Brad Roberts
The car is solid... but the left front fender has been replaced. I'm surprised George (the seller) didnt put this in his ad. I have already looked at the car (when we where looking for a tub for Jenny). The entire right rear fender is off the car. The fire consumed everything in the engine compartment and trunk. It warped the targa bar.

I can deliver it for 500$

B
RD Evans
Looks like the fastest route to getting a car back on the road. I wonder how tough it is to weld a right rear 1/4 on?
RD Evans
Nuts...the rear fender didn't sound bad but the roll bar is another thing. Any other good cars close to you?
Brad Roberts
Depends on how nice the quarter is that you purchase. They removed the bad one very nicely.

It has been hit in the left front.. which is why the fender was replaced.

B
Brad Roberts
The roll bar isnt to bad. A body shop could weld to it and pull/heat it back into shape...or they can replace the top of it (very easy process).. I can do it for 200$.

I think it is a nice unmolested chassis... I'm just not a hug fasn of color change cars..

B
Mike D.
How about this tub.

Adriatic Blue

I know, Totaly Shameless plug for myself...

-Mike D.
RD Evans
Brad..what was the original color? George is emailing more pictures later today. What do you think the cost of replacing the 1/4 would be. No paint, just back on the car correctly.
RD Evans
Mike...little out of my price range and the 4 bolt Fuchs and 1.8 engine might be out of place.
Brad Roberts
I *think* the OE color was the putrid yellow you see on the floorboards.

I'm sitting at the body shop right now...they said 8 hours. I tend to beleive them (about 4 914's in here right now) Good timing on the question. I'm 80$ an hour.. the body shop is 75$. I'm sure you could have it done in Killeen/Temple for cheaper.

B
rhodyguy
for a little bit more money the silver 76' is an attractive car (esp obo w/cash), for you OK is close enough. a little more discriptive ad would help. anyone know of it?

kevin
kafermeister
It's still available. I thought RD Evans bought it. I'm kinda interested in it for myself if RD isn't.

Brad, you still up for a trip out East?

Rick
RD Evans
Kafer..I'm not sure which car you talking about. The silver '76 in OKC had been sold when I called the owner but he wasn't sure the deal was going to close. That was several weeks ago and I haven't called back to see what happened.
kafermeister
Sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to the green car that was burnt and missing the right rear quarter. It’s on eBay right now as item number 2431004619. I'd like to have it but there are a few problems. First I didn’t' want to drive a fellow lister's bid up and second, I won't be able to work out shipping within a reasonable amount of time so I haven't bid on it.

Rick
RD Evans
No problem..the car looks like a good one (Brad had seen it) but it is more of a project than I'm looking for. Looks like the original color was some shade of yellow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.