Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Latest Trip to Los Ponchos or how
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Some are still hesitent to get body work done south of the border, but the workmanship and price are pretty darn good. My racing buddy Ted rolled his 356 at the HSR West Palm Springs race this past November and had just about every part of the car dented, twisted or crumpled. Here are some before and after shots of what he had done. The roof was replaced and you can not see where the welding was done and the fenders and hoods were hammered out!
john rogers
Before.....
john rogers
After....
john rogers
More After.....
john rogers
Last one.....
Lou W
Wow, Very nice work. smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
I think Los Panchos does very good work.

It's all in the details.

Ya get what ya pay for.... wink.gif
KaptKaos
Speachless.
DonTraver
I'm really glad to see this, I was talking to Ted after it happened, at that time he hadn't decided what to do. Well, that looks excellent, great to see Ted get her fixed.

Later, Don
Allan
QUOTE (DonTraver @ Jan 14 2006, 07:07 PM)
I'm really glad to see this, I was talking to Ted after it happened, at that time he hadn't decided what to do. Well, that looks excellent, great to see Ted get her fixed.

Later, Don

So far your advise has been really good....

Thanks Don.
Aaron Cox
dude. they rock.
user posted image
DonTraver
Think I got misunderstood, I didn't tell Ted about Los Poncho's, I did tell him if he wanted some help fixing it outselves, I'd be happy to give him a hand, just give me a call.

Well after seeing the pictures of the after, I'm amazed, she looks great. Hell, I'd still be working on the first fender.

Later, Don
MattR
Did ya see my ass dragger down there?

White 912 with *some* rust.

I saw the 356 in the paint booth on wednesday. Damn, it looked good... that yellow is really really nice in person.
gregrobbins
I was at the race and saw the car roll. I also saw it afterwards. I wasn't sure it would be fixed. They did a real nice job. I am impressed!
neo914-6
Looks great! What's the underside of the roof look like now? That's the real test...
Hybrid_Teener
how much did that cost?
MattR
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Jan 14 2006, 10:08 PM)
Looks great! What's the underside of the roof look like now? That's the real test...

I saw it. Its clean.
john rogers
There was a donor roof from the SF Bay area. We looked and could not find the weld seams where it was grafted on. The fenders were not replaced since they had to beat them out some anyways and by then they were about finished. Did see the 912 and it was resting peacfully!
neo914-6
Ok, I'm impressed. Can you reveal the itemized costs?
jimkelly
That is a miracle : )

I'm guessing it cost $5K

In the states it would cost $15K

Just a guess as I am as curious as to the cost as you guys.

Jim
john rogers
I can't give an exact price but it was about $2,000 and they used their paint. Time was about 3 weeks, I'd guess a lot of hammering! It cost an extra $100 to paint the white circles on the doors as it took a guy about 2 hours to setup the masking and they are perfectly round! Ted got some vintage numbers to go on the car so it will definately look like it did in the 60's.
seanery
clap.gif thumb3d.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (john rogers @ Jan 15 2006, 09:15 AM)
There was a donor roof from the SF Bay area. We looked and could not find the weld seams where it was grafted on. Did see the 912 and it was resting peacfully!

I got to see the underside of the roof before they sprayed it. I was impressed with the workmanship. I also saw the car and top the day after it arrived,. So having seen the before, during and after in person, I can't wait to see the POS 912 they are working on right now lol2.gif (j/k 912 owner)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jan 15 2006, 03:28 PM)
I can't wait to see the POS 912 they are working on right now lol2.gif (j/k 912 owner)

laugh.gif
mack914
Hope the glass fits!! cool_shades.gif
jimtab
As I have said before....I am a satisfied Los Panchos customer.....see avatar....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 15 2006, 10:30 PM)
As I have said before....I am a satisfied Los Panchos customer.....see avatar....

werd - agree
MattR
QUOTE (lagunero @ Jan 15 2006, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (john rogers @ Jan 15 2006, 09:15 AM)
There was a donor roof from the SF Bay area. We looked and could not find the weld seams where it was grafted on. Did see the 912 and it was resting peacfully!

I got to see the underside of the roof before they sprayed it. I was impressed with the workmanship. I also saw the car and top the day after it arrived,. So having seen the before, during and after in person, I can't wait to see the POS 912 they are working on right now lol2.gif (j/k 912 owner)

sad.gif
Dr Evil
Another satisfied LP customer, and my windshield fit perfectly.

Glad to see your car getting some love, Matt.
jimkelly
holy shit - $2000 bucks for all that.

makes me want to drive my hideous beast there and wait for it while the do their magic : )

We should send a truck load of 914 rollers down there to be welded up for all bad rust, stripped bare, bodyworked and painted - then find a place to store them while they get sold off.

Jim

jimkelly
pic of hideous beast : )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.