Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
So I got ready to install the turn signals tonight, and after putzing around with it for about 1/2 an hour, I still had 1 parking light (L side), 1 driving light (R side), and no blinking on either. I tried to adjust the driver side one and blew a fuse. At that point, I stopped for the evening. Got some more fuses, and will try again tomorrow after work. Meanwhile... does anyone know which wires plug into what? The back of the housing has three prongs, labled BL, 31, and 57. Wires are 1 brown, 1 black/white, and 2 intertwined black/white ones. HELP!! pray.gif

Jen
David_S
My car is a '73, and if I have them wired up right ..... Left side- BL, black/white 57, grey/black 31 brown right side - BL black/green 57 grey/red 31 brown
Hope this helps !! David_S
scotty
As David says...

brown is ground (31)
gray/whatever is parking light (57)
the (BL) must be for "blinker(?)"

You have brown (ground) wires, so attach those to (31)

Your other wire colors...uh...don't seem to match sad.gif , so ....
Get a voltmeter (borrow/buy/whatever) and turn on your parking lights. Then test the wire bundles for voltage. The "hot" wire(s) should be your parking lights (57)

By elimination, the others are for the (BL) terminal

...I hope! (see title under name at left)

Wait until you get to the *$^^**!!! license plate lights!

Great pics of the group build, by the way smile.gif
Jenny
I recall colors were slightly different on passenger side. But my memory fails me (getting old..) Thanks. I'll try again tomorrow. At least I know where the brown one goes! Someone bring a voltmeter to breakfast on Saturday!!

Jen
David_S
If your wire colors are different, you could do as Scotty said and use the elimination process. The park light wires(terminal 57) would be the ones with the "doubled" wire ...(one from the switch and one for the side markers). That should narrow it down a little more! I have my harness laying out in the garage floor, so I'm figuring out what a simple nightmare they can be!!! David_S
scotty
I have my harness laying out in the garage floor, so I'm figuring out what a simple nightmare they can be!!!

Wait until you try putting it back in

"I swear it was long enough when I took it out!" I hate when that happens! laugh.gif
David_S
Wait until you try putting it back in

"I swear it was long enough when I took it out!" I hate when that happens!  

blink.gif ummmmm .......mind if I borrow that line ??? LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.