Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT.. interesting car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug

Pugbug
Original twin cam engine in the car above....

black73
Lotus?
grasshopper
lotus europa... i think... i think they look kinda ugly...but at the same time beatiful.... kinda like the 914 wink.gif
Pugbug
Man.....You guys are quick! It's a Lotus elite. In Seattle.
brer
thats a Europa. wink.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (brer @ Jan 16 2006, 08:35 AM)
thats a Europa. wink.gif

Definitely a Europa, suckers will stick to the road, like a hmmm

rick 918-S
How much? I have a friend looking for a Lotus motor for his Cortina.
smontanaro
Definitely a Europa. (I like the Elans better.) There are some fairly devoted Lotus folks on the net. Some of y'all (especially AX-ers) might find this site interesting: Team.Net

Skip
Bruce Allert
This is an Elite......

.........b

KaptKaos
This is an original Elite. The Elite preceeded the Elan. It was also a fibreglass bodied car. Very pretty and very hard to manufacture, Lotus replaced it with the Elan.

You can read a brief synopsis here: Wiki

Oh, and the car from the OP is a Europa Twin-cam.
Pugbug
You are right...Europa...I have no idea where I came up with"Elite"....Haven't had my coffee yet. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Here is a link to the add.

http://victoria.craigslist.org/car/125592521.html
Aaron Cox
i will own a europa someday
brant
The original Elite was a pretty rare car and light.....!!!

dad had one new.
rolled it on I-70 (I think grandma was in the passenger seat)

they popped the fiberglass roof back out and repainted only the top.

pretty amazing car and I think around 10-1 power to weight. A giant killer

brant
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 16 2006, 09:57 AM)
i will own a europa someday

You might as well. You don't own anything that runs anyway. poke.gif
goose2
I have a friend looking for a Lotus motor for his Cortina.

This has a different motor than the Lotus Cortinas...they were 1600 cc 8 valve with chain driven cams. The twin cam Europa used the 2L 16 valve version (different block)...belt driven cams....same motor as the Jensen Healey and early Lotus Esprit. It's a great motor but takes about 8 hours to adjust the valves.
SLITS
Plus it has...yeeeeeeech....Strombergs
Hybrid_Teener
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jan 16 2006, 09:28 AM)
I have a friend looking for a Lotus motor for his Cortina.

This has a different motor than the Lotus Cortinas...they were 1600 cc 8 valve with chain driven cams. The twin cam Europa used the 2L 16 valve version (different block)...belt driven cams....same motor as the Jensen Healey and early Lotus Esprit. It's a great motor but takes about 8 hours to adjust the valves.

I thought the older ones used the 1600cc engine, and it's only the new ones that use the 2L...
boxstr
Wonder if they wan to sell the Mustang fastback??
CCLINGITTEYUP
neo914-6
screwy.gif I traded mine for a rusty Maserati...

JmuRiz
That europa would be a blast if it was all done up. That twin-cam motor can be worked over and make quite a bit of HP. Main thing would be to take the body off and see how the spine-frame looks. That and getting the wiring sorted out (yikes) blink.gif
pfierb
There is a Europa in town every time I see it it strike me as being a truly ugly automobile.
goose2
I thought the older ones used the 1600cc engine, and it's only the new ones that use the 2L...

You may be right about that...but the motor in the photo sure looks like the 2L. Maybe it's been swapped?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.