Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass Bumper Pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
Any experience out there with replacement "fiberglass bumper pads"? Should I or shouldn't I buy....or should I just try to find good used original rubber pads.

Thanks...Ray
tat2dphreak
I'm getting glass as soon as I get the cash... not even a second thought
Part Pricer

I found these while I was poking around some auto parts sites.

New OEM Front Bumper Pad $174.28

New OEM Rear Bumper Pad $207.14

I have no affiliation or connection with this vendor. I merely found them while doing a web search...yeah, that's it, a web search. wink.gif

dmenche914
whats your take on vendors that sell on the internet, yet give no address, nore phone number on their website, there is nothing, not event eh natin they are in. Seems strange that they did not even post a phone number.
Kerrys914
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 16 2006, 12:57 PM)
whats your take on vendors that sell on the internet, yet give no address, nore phone number on their website, there is nothing, not event eh natin they are in. Seems strange that they did not even post a phone number.

Nice find, not sure I would have even looked for that info wink.gif

I don't think I would buy from someone not freely providing that information.

Cheers
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 16 2006, 11:57 AM)

agree.gif and the price is cheapest of anyone I've seen.... I call bs.gif until someone buys from this place and gets the parts...

Part Pricer
I didn't notice the lack of phone number. There is a 800 number listed on cached copies of his site, but that now leads to some chat line.

I don't know about this particular guy, but if I were going to set up a fly-by-night operation, I can think of less expensive ways of doing so. His site is set up with Sophio (CounterCat). That cost him $775 at initiation and $275 a month. The Wayback Machine shows that his domain has been with Sophio since Feb. 2004. So that shows me some history.

But, as always, proceed at your own risk.

Here is the company behind it, complete with phone numbers:

Southwest Auto Group Inc.
Paul Ward
pward@allimportedparts.com
+1.8172754907
Fax: +1.8172754369
3630 W. Pioneer Pkwy #118
Arlington, TX 76013
mrdezyne
I am watching these as well, but I'm still not sure what the seller is up to. He sells the same fiberglass pads with a "buy it now" for $195 EACH! Whatever! WTF.gif
dmenche914
good job part pricer, how did you find the info on the company??? That was a good trick to learn. do tell????

thanks
Part Pricer
You just need to do a WHOIS on the domain name.

http://whois.webhosting.info/allimportedparts.com

This also shows that this domain is hosted on a server with a total of 104 domains. AutomobileAtlanta.com is on the same server.
bd1308
shhh...took three seconds to do on my linux box. wink.gif

Administrative Contact:
Paul Ward (pward@allimportedparts.com)
+1.8172754907
Arlington, TX 76013
US

Technical Contact:
Paul Ward (pward@allimportedparts.com)
+1.8172754907
Arlington, TX 76013
US
bd1308
his server is located inside of a rackspace area...

12 aggr5a.iad1.rackspace.com (69.20.2.19) 36.668 ms 37.427 ms 35.950 ms
Gint
Just to be clear, I don't care if you start a thread on a subject that has already been beat to death. dead horse.gif

What kills me is that you guys that can't/don't/won't learn to use the search function of this site are really losing out on a LOT of great info that has been posted over and over again on this site.

Seacrh of 914club for "fiberglass AND bumper AND pads"
Gint
And as you can see, there is already great info out there. I bought a set of front and rear FG pads for $185 shipping included. They're awesome.

Check the 914 Resources, Parts and Products section of this site. In particular, James (morphenspectra) is going to be making pads and folks have great things to say about his products. Read this thread: 14 Appearance and Performance
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Gint @ Jan 16 2006, 01:07 PM)
Just to be clear, I don't care if you start a thread on a subject that has already been beat to death. dead horse.gif

What kills me is that you guys that can't/don't/won't learn to use the search function of this site are really losing out on a LOT of great info that has been posted over and over again on this site.

Seacrh of 914club for "fiberglass AND bumper AND pads"

agree.gif but, you act like this is a new occurance, I shutter to think what a serach for "which oil" would turn up... at least this isn't another FI or Carbs thread biggrin.gif lol2.gif
nein14
I have a OEM in like new condition if anyone is interested PM me before I put it on ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.