Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT. Guess car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Hopefully most won't be too easy as it was never imported to US...
dheinz
It's got a "Lancia" look.
Jeroen
Triumph maybe?
confused24.gif
wertygrog
pequeot?
richardL
Gilbern Invader G3

I once hitch hiked from N. Wales along the coast to Liverpool. Got a ride in one of these that I'll NEVER forget rolleyes.gif

Richard
boxstr
Richard, how you have changed laugh.gif laugh.gif
thesey914
well done richard smilie_pokal.gif
fiid
QUOTE (richardL @ Jan 16 2006, 02:00 PM)
Gilbern Invader G3

I once hitch hiked from N. Wales along the coast to Liverpool. Got a ride in one of these that I'll NEVER forget rolleyes.gif

Richard

Do tell....
fiid
QUOTE (thesey914 @ Jan 16 2006, 12:09 PM)
Hopefully most won't be too easy as it was never imported to US...

What's the grey/silver car in the background...?
Carl
QUOTE (fiid @ Jan 16 2006, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (richardL @ Jan 16 2006, 02:00 PM)
Gilbern Invader G3

I once hitch hiked from N. Wales along the coast to Liverpool. Got a ride in one of these that I'll NEVER forget  :rolleyes:

Richard

Do tell....

C'mon Richard! Tell us the story.
SLITS
QUOTE (richardL @ Jan 16 2006, 03:00 PM)
Gilbern Invader G3

Richard

Did the aftermath require a series of shots?
richardL
Nothing too special - that coast road is a fast nicely sweeping road through loads of tunnels and the guy was simply flying while looking around to talk to everyone in the car. I was impressed by the car and also by the fact that we actually didn't miss a curve and end in the sea. It transfixed me for 50 miles

The road was actually pretty fast if you knew it. A very good friend of mine (also a 914 owner) used to know that road very well. He was the president of the student union at our college and he used to drive the Ford Transit vans the Union had (like Econolines). They were fitted with the circular graph type speed recorders ('tachygraph' or similar IIRC).

On one occasion we were returning from a concert in Liverpool and the graph sheet recorded against the end stop for the entire road, except one time when it dropped to zero for some stop lights.

R
SLITS
sad.gif

That was like the story of what's in the ol' ladies barn...................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.