Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI idle mixture knob ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
which way is which ???

just got my FI back together and running (made a *new* harness out of 3 old ones) ...
runs great, no more bucking and missing ...

now, a question about the FI-Brain Idle Mixture Knob. i turned it CCW and the (warm) idle went up to ~1100, turned it CW and it went down to ~800 ...
i set it in the middle with the idle ~900 ...

is CCW lean or rich ???
idea.gif Andy
Rrrockhound
Richer is clockwise.

See this
Bleyseng
Set it with the engine hot, maybe 15 minutes atleast.
Adjust the airbipass screw to set the idle speed then adjust the ECU knob for the best/smoothest idle speed. Readjust the airbipass screw if its now too high of a idle. chair.gif
Howard
Wow, you used the 2.0 FI brain on your 3.6? Cool! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 16 2006, 06:33 PM)
Wow, you used the 2.0 FI brain on your 3.6? Cool! beerchug.gif

actually, it's two 1.7L brains. makes for a sum of 3.4L, which is close enough ....

biggrin.gif Andy
Howard
Ha! Watched 'Man With Two Brains' again last night on HBO or whatever. Great Flick!

But still only 3.4L Won't you be underbrained? aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 16 2006, 07:00 PM)
But still only 3.4L Won't you be underbrained?

i use linear interpolation to extrapolate more brainpower out of the 3.4L Twin-Brain ...

The brains were re-chipped and each brain is now controlling 3 cylinders (see pic below).
the new chip compensates for the 6% lower brain-power per brain.

compared to the price of a '95 993 Twin-Plug Brain, this solution was a no-brainer!
beerchug.gif Andy
Howard
I bow to the master smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif bs.gif artist
bd1308
you didnt seriously trick 2 1.7L brains to run a six cylinder did you??

I call bs too laugh.gif cant fool me

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

b
Twystd1
It's not BS...

Scott kline did it on his V8 Shalom... Two brains that ran the engine...

Wait a minute....????

That was dream......

Never mind.

Twystd1
Andyrew
No wonder scott took so long..

Heck and to think I just cheaped out and bought a Holley FI system..
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 16 2006, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 16 2006, 07:00 PM)
But still only 3.4L  Won't you be underbrained?

i use linear interpolation to extrapolate more brainpower out of the 3.4L Twin-Brain ...

Dude, you should'a run two 1.8 brains! It would have been much easier than tricking 1.7 brains.

Mmmm... Braaaaaaaaiiiinnnnsss....

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 17 2006, 10:34 AM)
Dude, you should'a run two 1.8 brains! It would have been much easier than tricking 1.7 brains.

naa, i hate L-Jet ... at least the old ones from the early '70s ...
D-Jet was much easier to use. and re-chip.

plus, now that each brain only has to run 3 cylinders, there was some
extra brain-juice in each brain that could be re-directed to make up
for the 6% overall lack ...

i'm going to have the first Twin-Brain 914!
w00t.gif Andy
bd1308
yeah with L-jet you just add some more resistors to the resistor pack.

b
fiid
Are you getting the 1.7 running Andy? How's it going? Let me know if I can help.

What's the timeframe on the 3.6?

Howard
Andy, hold everything. Found a brain that will work for you without any modifications.

bd1308
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 17 2006, 04:26 PM)
Andy, hold everything. Found a brain that will work for you without any modifications.

do the men in the white coats still feed you solid food?

SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 17 2006, 02:26 PM)

damm, that's the brain i was looking for. checked with all the usual places, but no one had any good used "ABNORMAL" ones lying around.
they are hard to come by, i hear ...

that's quite a find! how much $$$ ??? if the price is right, i'll buy it from you!
idea.gif Andy
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 16 2006, 05:13 PM)
which way is which ???

just got my FI back together and running (made a *new* harness out of 3 old ones) ...
runs great, no more bucking and missing ...

now, a question about the FI-Brain Idle Mixture Knob. i turned it CCW and the (warm) idle went up to ~1100, turned it CW and it went down to ~800 ...
i set it in the middle with the idle ~900 ...

is CCW lean or rich ???
idea.gif Andy

even with your goofy 4 pipe exhaust we should be able to "sniff" the exhaust with the WB02 reader if'n you want to drive on over.....if not, I'll try and bring it the breakfast...
ClayPerrine
Actually, this is not so far fetched. Some of the very early Fuel Injected Mercedes V-8s used 2 4 cylinder D-Jet systems. It used a special set of trigger points with 4 contacts on it, and 2 complete throttle switches and MPSs.

I actually worked on one way in the past. It was a beast to get to run right when one of the MPS units blew the diaphram.....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.