Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Product Review: Engman Heater Block off plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Hey guys,

just wanted to share a positive experience i had with a new product.

Mark Bland, (engman) made these Heater Block Off plates for those running headers or for you racers out there.
im really impressed with these. they are laser cut, and E-Coated black. fit and finish is EXCELLENT!. nice and thin as to not add much weight, but thick enough to be strong.

took 5 minutes to install.

Left middle
user posted image

left end
user posted image

right middle
user posted image

right end
user posted image

how it attaches from underneath. Nylock hardware included
user posted image

and the circle is held in place with the nuts. sandwiching them together
user posted image

Overall. a great product, easy install, and it serves it purpose. another happy customer. smile.gif

AA
Mueller
plates look great....I "hate" slotted screws !!!!!!
Lou W
Looks good, no heater?, you're gonna definatly need a daily driver. smile.gif
GWN7
He's got a warm heart and a heated rear window..... laugh.gif
Lou W
GWN7 Posted on Jan 16 2006, 06:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He's got a warm heart and a heated rear window.....  
biggrin.gif
Engman
Thanks Aaron! You came along at the right time. Now I can check these off my developement list. Really needed to double check the hole size of the round hole. Had to get creative to get the measurement.

Here is a link to the info in the resources section.

Thanks

Mark
nebreitling
icon_bump.gif

just ordered/installed these -- they arrived in no time at all! easy install (takes two people), proper fit, and slightly less of a chance of me getting burnt to a crisp in an accident.

thanks mark, beerchug.gif

n
Aaron Cox
very cool. i am ecstatic with them also. great stuff mark.

AA
Nürburg Nomad
Just wanted to post that I had an equally positive experience yesterday installing the half of the kit that's in so far but I have a few hardware questions??? :/

On the first plug I torqued down the nylock nut too tight and snapped the bolt in two, would anyone happen to know what thread size that bolt is? If not I can always take one to the small local hardware store and hope they have the little standard vs. metric thread guide?

MORE IMPORTANTLY, does anyone know the exact metric thread size and pitch for the two fasteners on each side (4 total) that hold in the factory heater/fresh air tubes that go directly to the air vents on either side of the dash? The previous owner of my 914 removed all the heater/fresh air equipment and now I need to find the proper bolt/fastener size to install the last two block off plates in the kit without buying a whole bucket full of hardware.

Thanks for your help in advance! biggrin.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 16 2006, 05:49 PM) *

plates look great....I "hate" slotted screws !!!!!!

..Good point.....they tend to get screwed up!.unless you can
leave them alone! idea.gif
Cevan
For those with headers, what do you use to block off the two openings at the bottom of the fan shroud? New product??
Nürburg Nomad
Figured it out! It was an M6 x 1.00 screw! smile.gif Problem solved.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jul 19 2010, 02:02 PM) *

For those with headers, what do you use to block off the two openings at the bottom of the fan shroud? New product??

I just got some thin sheet metal and bent up some simple block off plates. Painted them for rust protection, and zip tied them into place. I think I used 22ga metal. I wanted it to be very easy to cut and bend.

Zach
mlindner
Or you can just make them....little paper for mock-up, copy to aluminum and install. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
Optimusglen
you bumped a 10 year old post for that?
JamesM
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 20 2020, 06:31 AM) *

you bumped a 10 year old post for that?

Have to admit I was a little thrown off/confused when i read the post subject. Anyone attempting attempting to source "Engman Heater Block off plates" in 2020 might find them somewhat difficult to come by.

RIP
rmdinmd
they are available from maddog now. or at least ones similar.
davesprinkle
Funny, this thread was started by Aaron Cox back in 2006.

Jeez, where is Aaron now? Anybody know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.