Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of those friggen dayz from hell...(NPC)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
I guess this crap happens to everybody once in a while.

Started off with one of my "new" tech guys at work telling me that he is bailing on me. Super smart guy but not exactly a "ball of fire" if you catch my drift, so this didn't upset me too terribly.

Right before lunch we took a couple of huge power hits which managed to knock out one of my servers even though it sits on a $2500 UPS. It fired right back up, thankfully. But then I found out that our ISP's switch/router in the building got jacked up somehow too, so I had to dick around the rest of the day trying to get some form of connectivity back to the office. Barely succeeded around 7:45pm and headed for the hills.

Sitting in horrid traffic on the 405 at 8:00 when the wife calls. Logan (2yr old) was playing at the park and spontaneously had a massive allergy, wheezing and sneezing attack, all red and puffy almost like anaphalactic shock (bad shit). He might have gotten stung by a bee/bug or something. (Plenty of those around here.) He starts freaking out. She jams for the ER at 85mph in the LandCrusher. We meet there at 8:30 and the kid is MUCH better after an EpiPen injection. They are still there getting a full workup...

Damn, am I ready for a long weekend or what headbang.gif
seanery
That sucks about Logan.
I bet it was a bee. My brother almost died once when we were kids after he stepped on a dead bee.
That can be nast if you are allergic.

I'm glad he's better.
ChrisReale
Chris, can you get those Epi injectors so you can have a few around the house? I am a type 1 diabetic, and I have an insulin stash at my hose, at my girlfriends, her parents....makes it much less stressful if I forget it, or something happens to my "on person" stash. Lie the time I had it on my 914 dash, took a curve fast seeing if the 911 could keep up (it did) and it slid out the window and got ran over
campbellcj
Yep, you can get Epi's to keep at home - we have a couple - I think they are by prescription. My wife was worried that if the Epi did not do the trick, he could go downhill fast, so she wanted to be at the ER just in case. The hospital is about 10 miles away and traffic is unpredictable (or predictably bad, more like it).
Brad Roberts
Glad to hear "Junior" is ok. Hopefully this wont effect his Go-Kart racing next year.

B
campbellcj
He's fine...whew...sleeping like a log now. We got a few more epi pens just in case it happens again.

The kid LOVES cars and trucks. He is learning the names of heavy construction equipment, bus, fire truck, etc. The 914 is "teencar", the Audi is "dadacar" and the LandCrusher is "mamacar". He likes to sit in the 914 seat and pretend to drive. I've gotta get a pic. I got him a Willow Springs t-shirt too. Fun times.

On a less important note...my servers appear to be OK but the IP's my DNS servers sit on are still fugged up. Time to look for a new ISP, I guess. I can tolerate a few minutes of downtime once in a while, but this has been almost 12 hours already.
redshift
I am super allergic to wasps, and the like. That is a scary thing for a kid, I have been there..

I don't know if they had things you could use back then for shock, they used to just say, "It'll be ok.."..

smile.gif

Glad you got that handled.

M
Eric Taylor
Chirs - Just outa curiosity what is your job title? IT Manager or something of that sort?
Eric
Brad Roberts
This should be good. laugh.gif

B
rhodyguy
just a note on the injectors. there was a piece in the paper here. the guy didn't keep track of the expiration date and he had one around all of the time. stepped on a hornets next while clearing black berry's. he died.

kevin
TheCabinetmaker
My son is allergic to bee venom and penicillin. Had tro rush him to the hospital more than once. He's 34 now.
redshift
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Aug 29 2003, 08:28 AM)
My son is allergic to bee venom and penicillin. Had tro rush him to the hospital more than once. He's 34 now.

Dad! (I'm 38)

I forgot all about the penicillin, and they always find out about that one after injecting you with 500cc of that crap!

M
TheCabinetmaker
sorry son.
Qarl
In the words of President Clintin...

"I feel your pain"
campbellcj
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Aug 29 2003, 12:52 AM)
Chirs - Just outa curiosity what is your job title? IT Manager or something of that sort?
Eric

Kind of...I'm the CEO of a tiny enterprise software outfit. I have a heavy tech background; started doing paid IT work around age 15 (and that was a WHILE ago), and still very involved in product architecture and techie stuff.

Logan is doing great today BTW. He can't wait to party & swim this weekend with his friends. boldblue.gif tunez.gif clown.gif
Eric Taylor
lol, chris I can relate. I've been doing IT Stuff ( Well I guess you could call it that, lol) since 7th grade. A Friend and I took care of every computer at my school and all the networking. It was a lot of fun for a while, but I really got tired of people asking for everything every minute. Anyway, there seam to be a lot of nerd's with teener's on this board smile.gif.
Eric
redshift
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Aug 30 2003, 03:23 AM)
Anyway, there seam to be a lot of nerd's with teener's on this board smile.gif.
Eric

Whachootawkinboutwillis!

I am a rock star.

laugh.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.