Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 914's in Middle Georgia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventilator01
Just wondering if there is anyone in mid georgia, Im in Thomaston, about an hour west of Macon, little of an hour east of Columbus, about 1.5 hours South of Atlanta, basically in the middle of nowhere. Sure would like to meet someone with one, could look in the engine compartment to see how it is suppose to look. beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (ventilator01 @ Jan 16 2006, 05:51 PM)
Just wondering if there is anyone in mid georgia, Im in Thomaston, about an hour west of Macon, little of an hour east of Columbus, about 1.5 hours South of Atlanta, basically in the middle of nowhere. Sure would like to meet someone with one, could look in the engine compartment to see how it is suppose to look. beer.gif

try the members map ... (link in the top navigation)

zoom in on your state and make sure you click to see all members icons (i *hate* that you have to do that manually) ...

beerchug.gif Andy
ventilator01
try the members map ... (link in the top navigation)

zoom in on your state and make sure you click to see all members icons (i *hate* that you have to do that manually) ...

I tried, but I only see two in Georgia both north of Atlanta, I don't see me on there either.
SirAndy
QUOTE (ventilator01 @ Jan 16 2006, 05:59 PM)
I tried,  but I only see two in Georgia both north of Atlanta,  I don't see me on there either.

like i said in my post, you have to click on a link to make sure all markers are shown. (see attached picture)
by default, the map only shows 50 markers total (out of over 500) ...

i wish they would get rid of that "feature" ...

so, zoom in on your state first, THEN click on the "Show 50 more markers". wait for it to update. click again. wait. click. wait. click ...
until all markers are shown ...

did i mention that i HATE the way that works?
icon8.gif Andy
Al Meredith
From posting on the 914 club I have found the following :
Blitz in Snellville : maf914 in Savannah: Shadygrady in Rome;
Grasshopper in Valdosta: D914 in Kennesaw: agrump in Atlanta: There are several more that I know personally. I have a 914-6 (real one) a 914-6 trac car with a 2.5L being built now and a 912E soon to be with a Jake Raby 2056 ( picked up the parts last week) I also have a parts car that is in my shed, a 71 wrecked in 81 and has not seen the sun or rain since. My son and I just picked up two more (71 & 74) last weekend. Oh the guy we got them from has a 914 also. We had help from another teeener who lives near me. Last summer I built a 2.0L for another owner who I met through this site who lives about 3 miles from me .

Al
ventilator01
Yes that worked better, Im still not on there, but Im pretty new here. But I did get it to work, kept clicking it till it said showing 265 of 265.
Thx for your help
steve
SirAndy
QUOTE (ventilator01 @ Jan 16 2006, 06:21 PM)
Im still not on there, but Im pretty new here.

you have to add yourself manually. it's not part of the normal registration for the clubsite ...

wink.gif Andy
grasshopper
sure.. there are plenty around you.... no one within two hours of me dry.gif
blitZ
We're pretty spread out here in GA. Maybe we could all meet sometime in a convenient location.
BIGKAT_83
I'm in Athens. Use to get to Thomaston every once in awhile for work.

Bob.
d914
kennesaw, and there are two members within 5 miles and I've yet to meet!!! blink.gif

Jake Raby
I'm way on up in the N Ga mountains 1/2 mile from the most bad ass road in all of the state that traverses "Blood mountain".. If you ever want to come maxx out a teener this is a good place to do it!
jgullock
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 16 2006, 09:27 PM)
sure.. there are plenty around you.... no one within two hours of me dry.gif

Ha! 145 miles Perry to Valdosta... hour forty five in the V8 sucka!
ventilator01
Well I just put the car over in the classified section, I dont really see me keeping up the maintenance on it, but if nothing comes up I will learn.
Al Meredith
I keep thinking we should have a get-together in Georgia. That said, like a lot of 914 owners I don't have anything to drive. The 2.5L DE and AutoX car will not be finished until late spring ...the six is still a year away and the 912E will be ready in about a month. Lets all keep this on our mind!
Howard
Map tip. Click on a marker close to you, then zoom in to 'state' level, then show members. Saves a lot of time compared to showing all world wide members.

I found 108 in 'your neck'

JFJ914
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Jan 17 2006, 09:40 PM)
I keep thinking we should have a get-together in Georgia. That said, like a lot of 914 owners I don't have anything to drive. The 2.5L DE and AutoX car will not be finished until late spring ...the six is still a year away and the 912E will be ready in about a month. Lets all keep this on our mind!

Hey Al, the V8 guys will drive their 914's and the rest of us will drive Audis! beerchug.gif
shadygrady
I am in Rome but go through Macon quite a bit on my way to Valdosta to see our granddaughter. Lived in Valdosta for 13 years and never saw another 914 the whole time. My boss is in Macon so I stop there quit a bit, but am usually in a company car. We also go through Macon on the way to Roebling Road in Savannah which we did last weekend.

I am not on that last map. Now how do you manually put yourself on it?

A GA get together would be nice. My car is still street legal but just barely with no creature comforts. One of these days I am going up toward Blood Mountain. I have hiked it with a back pack. Bet it would be a lot more fun on the road in my 914.
Rambo
Blood Mtn is a blast on my ACE Tourer VT1100T, I have taken my Trike up there a few times but not as fast as the bike. I live in Dahlonega..on a non-county gravel road. While rideing my Bike around here, I have seen MANY car clubs...Vettes, MGs...sometimes between 10-20 cars on a run.

i gotta call Jake Raby and have him teach me about these 914s..we can't live more than 15 mi apart.
db9146
I'm in Snellville and while my 914 is on stands, I'm up for a meet.
agrump
I’d love to go to a get together. I went to the AA meeting last year, pretty cool till my hood hinge broke and made a big old gash in the paint. mad.gif
Rambo
OK.......who wants to put this together? I may be biased, but I believe we should meet in the area of the N. Ga mountains, since this is undoubtably the best plase to ride, bikes or small cars...the scenery is great.
Jake Raby
Cool...
I *might* be willing to open the shop for a tour... I have not done it in about 3 years, but this spring might be the time.

The shop is 1/2 mile from US 129, 5 miles from Turner's corner- the start of where all the fun begins.
Rambo did you build or buy that trike? I met a fellow and sold him some parts 5+ years ago at the VW Drag races in Winston Salem NC that had a trike exacting yours that he did an excellent job building.... was that you??? Did you buy it from him?? It had a Honda Gold Wing front clip and the 914 rear clip and was TIV powered.

Small world, if so.
Rambo
Jake:
I bought the Trike from a guy from Mt Airy N.C., back in June, I got it off e-bay...it cost me 8K plus my '87 Wing, which I had paid 1K for....I believe he got the better deal.

He got it from a used car dealer who got it from the family of the guy that built it, and used for trips to and from Florida. The guy that built it died of cancer. If I can get it running.....AGAIN...I'll give you a call and bring it over fer U to laugh at.

Mark Gallant screwy.gif
Jake Raby
Thats the car/ Trike guaranteed...

The builder of it has cancer when I sold hi the parts for the engine, so you have my parts and don't even know it!

He was a REALLY cool guy he owned a 914 FULL AUTOMATIC, the only one I have ever seen and he had a spare tranny that he was going to install in that trike- is it Auto??
idea.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (John Jentz @ Jan 17 2006, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Jan 17 2006, 09:40 PM)
I keep thinking we should have a get-together in Georgia. That said, like a lot of 914 owners I don't have anything to drive.  The 2.5L DE and AutoX car will not be finished until late spring ...the six is still a year away and the 912E will be ready in about a month.  Lets all keep this on our mind!

Hey Al, the V8 guys will drive their 914's and the rest of us will drive Audis! beerchug.gif

I'm all for it this spring lets see how many of them BUG engine cars show up.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Bob biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
BTW- ONLY AIRCOOLED cars are allowed in my compound....

All others must park on the side of the road and WALK up my mountain.

I'm not kidding!

Thats been the rule since day one- The UPS man is lucky I allow him up the drive way!
Rambo
So Jake.......I got your parts,,,.is that why it won't run, heh heh heh.....NAH..it won't run cause I don't know what I am doing!

5speed on the Wing gastank...I wish the hell it was an automatic.

You don't allow bikes up yer hill? if the trike aint runnin, I ain't walking up no damn hill, not with my disabilites. you do notice my cane..........

If we have a get together..we could get folks from all 4 states up here in the mountains, and the cafe at Turners Corner has the best damn burgers around.......

so either Jake or Bob are gonna put this together....RIGHT?

if you want another view of the trike....check me out on the members Map...Mark Gallant, Dahlonega, Ga

funny thing, the map will accept that pic but this forum won't..
Rick L
My brother is in Logansville, sounds to be about 45 min North of you. This is only important because right now he has my car! You're welcome to come up and take a look. He's also got a 68 911 he's working on.
bd1308
I honestly want to see the pinz....

that 2.4L? puts out some grunt i bet.

If I ever get a huge settlement, my money's going toward a big /4.

b
Two914s
I live in Atlanta "inside the perimeter" and have owned 5 914's in my lifetime so far. I have a 1985 911 Carrera daily as I work on my two 914's (1972 and 1974) as projects.

I would drive just about anywhere in Georgia to meet others with 914's.

I would love to meet up at Jake's place, or in Macon, or even at my house in Atlanta for an engine re-build tech session. (I have a 2.0 that needs to go back together and I need a deadline)

OR, everyone could meet at the 2006 Georgia Tech Auto Show that I am the event coordinator of (Sat, April 1st)

I expect that we will have a Carrera GT and a Ferrari Enzo and many other such cars there that you can get close to and talk to the owners.

See the "upcoming events" section of this forum or www.GaTechAutoShow.com

If you want to register for the show and are not a Ga Tech alumnus, send me an email and I can get you in.

meares
i'm in Vinings, let me know..... i'll keep an eye on the thread beer.gif
914Jr.
I live in Jasper and work in Atlanta. We have alot more 914s in GA than you might think. I see about three a month that I never realized existed. And I myself have a 75 1.8.
Joe Ricard
Hey I'm in. Let me know when and where. If at Jake's I remember how to get there. smilie_pokal.gif

Me and the Red Neck Racer are always up for a road trip. Should I bring my Hoosiers?
blitZ
QUOTE (914Jr. @ Jan 24 2006, 04:34 AM)
I live in Jasper and work in Atlanta. We have alot more 914s in GA than you might think. I see about three a month that I never realized existed. And I myself have a 75 1.8.

You're right about that. I initially thought there were only a few of us. Looks like we got a get together brewing. cool.gif
Two914s
North Georgia Drive This Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would like to meet me on this Sunday morning at 8:00am at the Starbucks/Barnes&Noble near Northpoint mall (Ga 400 exit 8), I will be meeting with a group of sports car owners there as they start their drive through North Georgia (assuming that the weather is not very wet).

Please check out some of the information on this web site:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthrea...ead.php?t=88488

There will be ferrari's there, but also LOTS of other Porsche's and Subaru WRX's and BMW's, etc. This event gets circulated amongst lots of different sports car clubs, I just happened upon the mention on the ferrarichat.com site.

Wouldn't it be great to see a few 914's in the group??

I dont think that I will be able to drive on this one because my parents are coming into town. So, I am planning just to meet the group for coffee before they leave out. I have been on one of these drives several times and they are a BLAST!!! Bring your North Georgia Maps just in case you get separated from the group. Bring your license, registration, and insurance card in case the unmentionable happens. Bring your video camera or digital camera and a passenger that doesn't mind hanging on.

If you already live in North Georgia, you might be able to meet the group up there for just a portion of the drive.

What else would you have going on a winter Sunday morning at 8am? yellowsleep[1].gif ???
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Two914s @ Jan 24 2006, 06:01 AM)
What else would you have going on a winter Sunday morning at 8am? yellowsleep[1].gif ???

grouphug.gif cool_shades.gif
914Jr.
We are going to pull together a team from Automobile Atlanta to drive and possibly bring a support truck. I think some of our customers would love to go as well.
Rambo
Sunday Morning............at 8am? I'm retired, my wife still works...we get reaquainted on Sunday mornings....plus the trike won't be running by then...I believe the "get-together" is gonna be a "Happening" this spring.

----------------------------------------
I got the pics downsized so they will fit here but it looks as if they still will not open unless downloaded from this thread
BIGKAT_83
If they meet at 8:00AM what time will they leave. I might be able to join in at the end of GA400 at Tootsie.
Will this be the way they go?

Bob
Rambo
Do you mean TOOSEYS'...they went out of business
Two914s

I really dont know what route they are following this time. I went on one of their drives last spring and they went all the way to Morgantown and then turned around. I cant remember where we went, but it was fun. If you call me I maybe can help you meet the group (404)323-0173cell. The entire group got spread out and separated, so bring your map. I think I have it worked out to drive with them from 8am to 10am or so.
Two914s
I just got a message that Porsche Cars North America is bringing two Cayman S's on this drive through North Georgia on Sunday, Jan 29, 2006.
Jake Raby
They need to keep their snobby asses in Metro Atlanta... The locals up this way don't fancy pricks like them in this neck of the woods....

I know a couple of kids that used to throw rocks at cars heading up Long Branch road right at the end of GA 400, it would be a shame if they took a lick at the Gaymans on the cruise!

I'd pay to see that!
Rambo
I could walk down and watch, if it wern't gonna rain tomorrow, I even got some nice river rocks at my house, I just live a mile from the intersection of Longbranch and 52........
agrump
You OTP people sure are rambunctious!
914Jr.
Looks like Ferrari chat is calling the drive off.*wa wa wa*
URY914
I finally read this whole thread.

I've had this pic for years. Is this proud guy the builder you think or is this you Rambo?
Rambo
I never met the builder, that ain't me, I do got a pair of shoes like he is wearing tho...........I am younger, thinner, and better looking
URY914
...and you got a prettier hat!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.