Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Way to Shorten Heater Cable?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Need some ideas on how to shorten the heater cables? The cables are too long and I am not sure if I should twist the cable at the lever or put a kink down by the heat exchangers? Anybody ever needed to do this?
TravisNeff
Just pull the lever up, the cable will get shorter - lol.

I have never seen or heard of that. I would imagine they may stretch a little over time - but not much. Maybe you have the butterfly valves set funny? Probably not as there is only one way they go on.
vesnyder
I probably have an inch or so slack on each side? I though about twisting it to shorten, but I am afraid of breaking it. I could also rig it at the butterfly valves but that seems "mickey mouse" and would make dropping the engine a pain?
Joe Ricard
Mine is long too. If I were to ever get back in the tunnel for something. I would shorten the cable as it tends around the lever. just put a haywire twist in it just a couple of turns. the wire is mild steel shouldn't need too much really. Careful if you go too much there is no going back you will have short cables with heat on all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.