Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT ZOOM ZOOM Baby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Just brought home a new RX-8 for the wife.
Metallic blue 6 speed sport package. It is sooooo sweet Reminicent of the 928 but better shifting and smoother power.
grantsfo
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Here's my wife's new toy. I should let her drive it some day soon!
VegasRacer
Good choice Joe. The RX-8 is a nice car. I was really surprised at how big the back seat is. You can comfortably fit 2 real sized people back there. You're right - the power is very smooth. Almost to smooth. It doesn't feel like horse power in a car. It is more like an electric turbine.
d7n7master
Very nice car!
2nd gen's are fun cars too -
biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
We will have to get pics today. it was dark and late last night. Got to get all the remodeling crap out of the garage.
I always like the 2nd gen cars. deceptively fast. the turbo cars were put straight into street prepared from the factory.
3rd gen were just plain nuts.
charlesmac
no more mini? so is she gonna let you race it? driving.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Jan 17 2006, 05:54 AM)
no more mini? so is she gonna let you race it? driving.gif

Not a chance. Maybe I can start working her up to doing a school.

"If you are going to have a hot car you better learn how to drive it". Yeah that's a good angle to start with biggrin.gif

Unlike the Cooper the RX-8 has nothing extra. If I were to spec out a car for special order I would have done it like this. Actually only 100 pounds heavier than the Mini. and lots more HP and torque.
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif cool man, I love the RX8s... very sweet!
charlesmac
Yeah, you should play that angle. 'ya know, with this much power, you've got to be able to control it and know what to do with it.'
I'm gonna have to come down for a ride sometime soon.
Joe Ricard
You know what would be really cool? you bring the 914 laugh.gif
How about if I loan you some parts? Seems I too am waiting on a header. confused24.gif
Joe Ricard
one pic and then this thread can die This is as close as the broom will ever get to a cone
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 17 2006, 11:28 AM)
Seems I too am waiting on a header. confused24.gif

I wasn't able to ship it today, so you won't have it this weekend. Sorry. sad.gif
Should be there Monday though. smile.gif
Joe Ricard
Hell with the broom I got a header on the way burnout.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif
na na na nah na. biggrin.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif lol2.gif
and aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.