Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a little 914 Autox video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nynone4
Here's a video I put together about 5-6 years ago with some footage from a few autocrosses driving my then '73 2.0 teener. I just got a new version of Flash, and I'm working on my "escape kit" from my current job. Go to the main page, and click on "Tightrope 914 video" at the bottom left. You will need the latest Flash player to view the movie located here for free download.

The video is abot 14 megs, and will take a few minutes to fully load. Sorry in advance to the 56k people!

biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
Is that a mini next to you in the blurred pic?
KaptKaos
Also, the video won't load for me. It downloaded, but doesnt run. I installed flash too, still no joy.
nynone4
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Jan 16 2006, 07:38 PM)
Also, the video won't load for me. It downloaded, but doesnt run. I installed flash too, still no joy.

So - even clicking the "Play" Button after it loads doesn't work?

Yep - that's an old Mini I used to have next to me (a 1960 I sold in August of 2004).
mikelsr
Matt,
Your homepage doesn't play well with Linux/FireFox 1.5, Flash 7. Ends up with a black page. Are you using flash on the main page?

Mike

P.S. When we going to get together for a kart outing?
Andyrew
Very nice web site!

worked great for me!

Nice talent!
nynone4
QUOTE (mikelsr @ Jan 16 2006, 07:51 PM)
Matt,
Your homepage doesn't play well with Linux/FireFox 1.5, Flash 7. Ends up with a black page. Are you using flash on the main page?

Mike

P.S. When we going to get together for a kart outing?

Mike - try using the latest Flash 8 Player (it won't work well at all with the earlier players). I am using Flash on the main page - the site is built entirely in Flash. biggrin.gif I still haven't made the jump to Firefox (I'm a Mac guy and using *gulp* Safari...).

I'm game for karting anytime you want to go. smilie_pokal.gif
nynone4
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 16 2006, 07:55 PM)
Very nice web site!

worked great for me!

Nice talent!

Thanks Andy - so it DOES work for somebody?
Andyrew
Yup works great on IE. And I got all the flash updates exct..
Aaron Cox
no work for Firefox or IE for me
KaptKaos
Ok, I had to shutdown and restart the browser for the flash updates to work. Cool vid btw. SRV FTW
ventilator01
Great video! Works for me with IE, just clicked on the tightrope video, then clicked play. popcorn[1].gif
wertygrog
that's pretty fast--is that car stock?

brent
Joe Ricard
The acceleration at the beginning of some of them runs is amazingly quick for a stock 2.0L dry.gif
Nice vid
Seems you had a bit of push in your car as you started to push you applied more steering input and then your slip angle increased and scrubed off some corner speed.

Sorry I'm feeling racy this morning. Man I got to get my car out and play in the cones.
nynone4
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 17 2006, 08:11 AM)
The acceleration at the beginning of some of them runs is amazingly quick for a stock 2.0L dry.gif

Well - it did have a custom exhaust on it (a Bursch exhaust with the muffler cut off and a single supertrapp welded in its place, bolted to the heat exchangers) and Koni shocks. So I guess it wasn't "totally stock." biggrin.gif

Thanks for the compliments guys! I miss that car more every time I watch the video!
dlo914
was that Jack from "Jack In The Box" sitting in the passenger seat? lol2.gif
nynone4
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jan 17 2006, 11:13 AM)

???? huh.gif
Hybrid_Teener
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jan 17 2006, 11:13 AM)

with that giant white helmet sticking out the top? lol
Jeroen
your illustrations kick ass!!!
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
nynone4
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 17 2006, 06:33 PM)
your illustrations kick ass!!!
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Thanks Jeroen! I really appreciate the feedback - especially from a fellow artist as yourself. Know anyone who would like to hire a guy who can do that sort of stuff? smile.gif
yarin
Your site is awesome. VEry nice job.

Great video too. What's your suspension setup? Very little body roll. what tires are you running?

Works in Firefox.. thanks for sharing!
nynone4
QUOTE (yarin @ Jan 17 2006, 07:11 PM)
Your site is awesome. VEry nice job.

Great video too. What's your suspension setup? Very little body roll. what tires are you running?

Works in Firefox.. thanks for sharing!

Thanks yarin -

I no longer have that car (most of the video was shot in 2000) - but from what I can remember, it had Koni Yellow shocks all the way around (with the bump stops shortened, and the rear perches set on the lowest of the three available settings), with stock tosion bars in front, and stock swaybars front and rear. Tires were a mix for the video. The shots that show the outside of the car were crappy Pirelli P7000's on Fuchs and the inside footage (shot at a later time) I was running Kumho V700 Victoracers on ATS alloys.

The Kumhos made a HUGE difference in going faster!
mikelsr
Matt, I fired up mozilla and it works. I am downloading the video now.

Great graphics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.