Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All,
I need new grommets for the engine tin. Where can I buy them?
Part#'s??? smile.gif Thanks,
d7n7master
LH
d7n7master
Rear
TravisNeff
McMaster.com has rubber grommets that go up to 1.5" ID
Andyrew
You can always use rubber hose and cut it down the middle and fit it over...

Not as good as a grommet.. but it gets er done.
dmenche914
look in an electical store, like Radio Shack, or Fry's, they have a selection of rubber grommets in all kinds of sizes. Orchard Supply also I think has them. (in the mics. hardware section). Otherwise scavenge at a wrecker, or check out a VW store ofr some of them (should be same as that on a bay window Type IV bus)

For that matter, check out West Coast Metric, they have engine rubber parts for VW's might have some 914 parts.

i have had good luck at the electronics or hardware stores.

good luck
Dave_Darling
I've been able to order most of them (by part number) from Pelican. Helps if you have a copy of the PET or a factory parts manual...

--DD
maf914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 17 2006, 01:30 AM)
I've been able to order most of them (by part number) from Pelican. Helps if you have a copy of the PET or a factory parts manual...

--DD

Like Dave said, a copy of the PET will help you get the part numbers and you can take these to a VW dealer and order the parts from them. This is what I did and was able to get most of the grommets you have highlighted. I was lucky to have a friendly technician help me at the VW parts counter. He had to order all of the parts, I guess the T4 market has pretty well dried up.
jr91472
I found suitable replacements at my FLAPS. confused24.gif
auggie91420
Don't forget the plastic "cable-tie" studs that fit into the small holes at the top of the rear shroud that secure the starter cable. i was able to find NOS ones at AA, as I did most of the other grommets that you point out. Nice touch for just a few bucks.
type47
i have THE most excellent grommets for the J tubes. $10 shipped. will try to post pix "soon"
d7n7master
QUOTE (auggie91420 @ Jan 17 2006, 07:18 AM)
Don't forget the plastic "cable-tie" studs that fit into the small holes at the top of the rear shroud that secure the starter cable.  i was able to find NOS ones at AA, as I did most of the other grommets that you point out.  Nice touch for just a few bucks.

ohmy.gif Huh? I think I may have clipped those puppiez off.
Got pics? I need 'em. I started this lil' 3 month project 2 years ago... screwy.gif or mueba.gif
Not sure. Can't remember. idea.gif beer.gif
----
BTW - I ended up getting the rubber bushings/grommets I needed from a friend who works for some aircraft co. in L.B.C.A. @ a great deal. Something about a cure date issue -
Aaron Cox
your close to santa ana?

mcfadden dale hardware
spunone
Also a Mc Fadden Dale in Anaheim and Orange
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (spunone @ Jan 19 2006, 07:28 PM)
Also a Mc Fadden Dale in Anaheim and Orange

and corona and ontario smile.gif
auggie91420
QUOTE (auggie91420 @ Jan 17 2006, 07:18 AM)
Don't forget the plastic "cable-tie" studs that fit into the small holes at the top of the rear shroud that secure the starter cable.  i was able to find NOS ones at AA, as I did most of the other grommets that you point out.  Nice touch for just a few bucks.

Huh? I think I may have clipped those puppiez off.

I picked these up from AA about a year ago. The part number is B999 513 021 40. They hold the fuel line and battery positive cable to the rear shroud.
Rand
Moot point now, but for future reference, any good hardware store should have a good selection of grommets. beerchug.gif
914GT
Also, Harbor Freight has a grommet kit for about six bucks. Several sizes but the largest is only 1" ID.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.