Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know where this piece goes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sj914
I found this at you know where and the guy selling it doesn't even know where it goes on the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2430163147
Brad Roberts
Gas tank holder (left side)

B
Brad Roberts
I lied. Right side (passenger side)

B
sj914
Was this used in all the years? I don't remember this piece when I took my tank out
Brad Roberts
All years (6's and 4's) right and left side. I have seen a lot of people leave them out.

B
David_S
Could they have been on both sides ? I have only one car in pieces and two of these pices, but they are made like they are for opposite sides . David_S
David_S
oops ....got answered before I could ask !!!!
boxstr
See it probably ended up in the ebay sellers parts box. Hope I don't miss out on the 7.99 coat hanger hook.
CCLEBAY
sj914
So I take it that these aren't really that important to have.
Brad Roberts
I consider them important. If not.. the tank moves around every time you take a corner.

Porsche didnt install parts on our cars for no reason.

B
meursault
So I take it that these aren't really that important to have.

Well, if you don't place too much importance in keeping the gas tank from moving and banging around in your car, then I guess they're not that important to have.
sj914
Well as Brad puts it, I guess it is important afterall.

p.s. Brad you were dead on about how the fenders separate after a rear end crash. I measured mine and compared them to the dimensions listed in the 914 info section and my fenders were spread by about 1/8".
Brad Roberts
Can you say: "Brad knows his shit" ?? LOL sorry..

B
sj914
"Brad knows his shit" [QUOTE]
agree.gif pray.gif
Brad Roberts
You have to be careful with what you say info wise on the BBS (when I give it to you)... I dont tell everyone everything. Normally I'll say something like "I dont give that away" when I'm speaking face to face with you and dont want something "spewed" onto the BBS.

Get that thing stripped.

B
J P Stein
Pardon me while I spew barf.gif
sj914
oops
Brad Roberts
Come on JP.. you know you LOVE this BBS.

happy11.gif

B
J P Stein
If I had a life I wouldn't.

There must be more than work, sleep, autocross...........
Pnambic
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 29 2003, 01:12 AM)

B

So exactly how many coats have you hung on the coat hanger hooks?
smile.gif
ein 6er
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Aug 29 2003, 01:12 AM)

B

So exactly how many coats have you hung on the coat hanger hooks?
smile.gif

hey, the factory even tested the hooks!! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Ha ha... (coat hanger hooks) I actually use them to hang my driving suit jacket (to air out). I have also hung nice fresh shirts from the dry cleaners on them..

Oh.. and we use them to open the engine lid on cars without cables and latches (screw the plastic hook to the engine lid and use it as a pull lever)

B
sj914
Nice to know that coat hanger hooks were tested at the factory and that there are some other uses for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.