Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a PPI in Lancaster, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I would like to ask someone to do a PPI in Lancaster, CA on a Red 73 914 2.2L. The car is advertised on this board and TheSamba. Should the PPI be positive, I will buy the car. I got a need to drive a 914 driving.gif

73 914 2.2L in Lancaster, CA

Thanks in Advance,
Spoke
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
dlo914
how far is Lancaster from Alhambra? 30 mins? i might be able to check it out tomorrow...anyone wanna tag along?
Spoke
Daniel,

Thank you for the offer to PPI. If you can do it, please call me. Contact info sent via PM.

Here's a pic from behind.

Spoke
TINCAN914
Please post finds, I was curious about that car as well. It looks nice, I was wondering why it had been up for sale since September. confused24.gif
jd74914
please find out about the engine, i'm very curious to see if it is actually 2.2L cool.gif
ematulac
MapQuest says it's 80 miles from Alhambra to Lancaster.

I don't live to far from Lancaster, but I wouldn't be able to do a PPI until this weekend. If Dan can't do it before then, I might be able to go. Or if Dan can make it on Saturday, I'll be glad to go with him.
Trevorg7
Spoke - My father was looking into that car last month. Gooseguy84 went by to see it sometime prior - here was his feedback. Additionally, I was told the motor was a 2.0 bus motor - not sure if that matters to you.

T

Hi Gooseguy84,

Did you see the car for sale in Lancaster last week? Can you tell me anything about it? Are you still looking at it to buy and if not why?

Thanks

Trevor

Message Forwarded From Carlitos Way

You might want to PM/e-mail Gooseguy84. He was going to see the car last week.

Yes I saw the car, i was really bumbed. Just to give you a quick quick note. There is no front trunk floor. Theres just a big hole cut out. He kind of forgot to mention that, the car seems to need alot more work then he said. gas gauge dosent work right, jsut as one example he didnt mentione before i got there. If its close i guess you can look at it, there isnt much rust on the floors that are in the car. the engien he said reves really bad due to the carbs not being jetted and clean, but idk about that plus the tach dosent work , it just bounces all over the place. the weather stripping is HORRIBLE and the windows rattle liek crazy.

The interior was only OK, i was really dissapoint honeslyty. def not worth more then 2500 or 3000 iff that

Spoke
Thanks for the feedback. This is not the info that I was hoping to get but it is much appreciated since I can't look at the vehicle myself.

Can someone give me a background on a bus motor and one that would be fitted with a 2.2L big bore kit. What's the good, bad, and ugly about a 2.2L bus motor?

About the hole in the trunk, could this have been for the air conditioning unit? Owner says the AC unit is out of the car.

Spoke
Trevorg7
I bet the hole is from the AC unit if removed; I've seen them mounted there before.

T
Allan
QUOTE (Trevorg7 @ Jan 17 2006, 04:41 PM)
I bet the hole is from the AC unit if removed; I've seen them mounted there before.

T

agree.gif Yep...
Spoke
Owner confirmed that the hole is for the AC unit that's in his garage.

About the bouncing Betty tach gauge, could this be a sign of bad points?

Did Gooseguy84 drive the car? I was wondering what kind of power a 2.2L bus engine would have. I want to replace the engine anyway with a big T4.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.