Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901/914 915 LSD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kdfoust
I'm kinda browsing around for a used ZF type LSD for my 914 tranny. It seems I heard that 901/914 and 915 could use the same LSD. Is this true?

Regards,
Kevin
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (kdfoust @ Jan 16 2006, 11:24 PM)
I'm kinda browsing around for a used ZF type LSD for my 914 tranny. It seems I heard that 901/914 and 915 could use the same LSD. Is this true?

Regards,
Kevin

ive heard that too... coarse spline ones i think.

believe you need special bolts to make it work.
KenH
They are all the same except for the output splines. Early units had Course splines (18 I think) and later units had a Fine spline (like 40).

You can buy Course and Fine spline outputs from Guard transmissions. So a late 915 LSD can be converted to an Early 901.

Ken
KenH
Oh the bolts. There are different bolts that are used to attach the Ring gear - they are available from Porsche.

Also the Ring to Pinon Backlass & Differential Preload have to be adjusted.

Ken
kdfoust
QUOTE (KenH @ Jan 16 2006, 11:45 PM)
They are all the same except for the output splines. Early units had Course splines (18 I think) and later units had a Fine spline (like 40).

You can buy Course and Fine spline outputs from Guard transmissions. So a late 915 LSD can be converted to an Early 901.

Ken

Thanks! You know I might just purchase the LSD from Guard and be done with it...

Later,
Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.