Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 986 vs. 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
I was replacing the radiator fan on my boxster tonight and was thinking about the differences and odd similarities between the two cars. Here's my list:

The rear trunks on both cars get warm (suprized???)

The front trunk in the boxster gets warm. Advantage 914 for grocery getting.

The 914 has slightly more luggage space, and legroom.

Both cars have cheesy visors. The vanity mirror covers on the 986 both broke. The 914 visors.... well you know.

The windshield washer system on the 914 is 'unconventional'. The 986 bottle leaks!

The seat adjustment handle on the boxster is very similar to the ones I've got that broke off of my 914 before I bought it. Hopefully they're stronger.

The 986 has lots of computerized stuff. There are sensors everywhere you look in that car. The 914 has that 'Fasten Seatbelt' thing that I've never seen work.

Last, but not least, The radiator fan that I just spent $270 isn't needed for the 914. headbang.gif

I still like both cars, just observations.
MattR
QUOTE (bryanc @ Jan 16 2006, 11:11 PM)
Both cars have cheesy visors. The vanity mirror covers on the 986 both broke. The 914 visors.... well you know.

The 986 was designed in Germany. They didnt anticipate American drivers looking at themselves so often. biggrin.gif
bryanc
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 16 2006, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (bryanc @ Jan 16 2006, 11:11 PM)
Both cars have cheesy visors.  The vanity mirror covers on the 986 both broke.  The 914 visors.... well you know.

The 986 was designed in Germany. They didnt anticipate American drivers looking at themselves so often. biggrin.gif

It wasn't me that broke them, but let's say my GF gets to drive the Boxster occasionally..... driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.