Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 FI Throttle Linkage Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Short buying a new throttle body. Or finding a used one. They never seem to be for sale. Which seems starnge with all the carb conversions.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix ( worn out ) or change the linkage. Mine hangs up because #9 has begun to wear out. The square cuts are rounding.
Can I modify it some how ?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/Parts/Fuel..._body_large.htm
Bleyseng
I haven't seen that part wear out but the throttleshaft does at the throttlebody. Have a auto machine shop install some bearings in the throttlebody for the throttleshaft. Wow, what a difference that makes. Very smooth operation when its done.

I would guess you could take a flat file to #9 to straighten it out some and remove the rounding.

sawzall-smiley.gif
cary
Geoff,

Maybe I think thats whats hanging up. ASSUME. Because I see it move with a click.

I'll dig in a little deeper. My problem is compounded by the gravel roads we live. Too much grit gets up there too enable me lube. Grit & Grease, not a goog combo.
SLITS
If you can get the OE number off it or tell me whether it has one or two vacuum ports, I'm sure I'll have one.
cary
Thanks,
I'll look tonight. All I can visualize is that 1.7 that I worked on all weekend.
Pretty sure its 2. But I'll get the #. That would be great.

Its a 73 2.0 lt.
Bleyseng
Should be two ports and the early ones don't have a build in return spring. kinda crappy IMHO
SLITS
Vell, in my best deutscher accent, it would depend on whether it is an early or late '73....have seen it both ways...and since they disconnected the vac advance anyway, either one would do...nicht wahr?
Bleyseng
Yeah, the early 73 2.0S is the hot TB with the two ports....

I don't even run the vacuum retard on my 2056 as its retarded. av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.