Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 foot rest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
does anyone have a diagram with exact dimention for the foot rest,, and what is it made of ,, is it just a foam core , or is there some wood reinforcement,
Bleyseng
I have one and its made of wood I think.

freezing14
would you happen to have a good high def picture with some dimensions, you could e-mail me

yvesb@chromspec.com
Bleyseng
QUOTE (freezing14 @ Jan 17 2006, 08:24 AM)
would you happen to have a good high def picture with some dimensions, you could e-mail me

yvesb@chromspec.com

I can take some pics later today and post them tonight rolleyes.gif
mrdezyne
If you are talking about the passengers side foot rest, mine was a solid foam core. It looks like they laid a board up at an angle and just shot expanding foam behind it. I can take pics of mine and/or sell it to you.....
Carl
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 17 2006, 07:06 AM)
I have one and its made of wood I think.

Mine is, too.
SirAndy
QUOTE (mrdezyne @ Jan 17 2006, 08:50 AM)
If you are talking about the passengers side foot rest, mine was a solid foam core.

no, he's talking about the 914-6 specific "dog bone" ...

wink.gif Andy
bd1308
didnt the 70-72 /4 have the same footrest?
Britain Smith
Mine 1.7L '70 has one also. It has a little strap on the side that has a snap-hook that goes to a strap coming out of the carpet.

-Britain
Bleyseng
Yep, outta of the early 4's and six cars with the non-moveable passenger seat. Its great for Monique in my car so she has something to put her feet on.
Dave_Darling
70-71 did; the 72 had an adjustable passenger's seat.

I believe they were made of wood, and of course covered with the same type of carpet as the rest of the interior. You could turn it a couple'a different ways for passengers with longer or shorter legs. It hooked to a little D-ring on one of the speaker cover bolts.

The foam thing is up at the front of the passenger footwell, and really just sits there.

--DD
Jeffs9146
They are not made of wood! Here are a few photos.

Jeffs9146
Jeffs9146
jd74914
Is there any market for these things. I have one and I was wondering if people actually like them or if they are just good curiousity pieces. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
ahhhh the curious tethered foot rest.....
Bleyseng
It works great when your GF is short and needs something to put her legs on instead of shoving the passenger seat all the way forward. Now that blocks my view...... poke.gif
freezing14
the picture are great,, but how wide , high deep??,, just want the replica to be the same size for my resto
Bleyseng
pic1
Bleyseng
pic2
Bleyseng
pic3
Bleyseng
pic4
Bleyseng
pic5
Bleyseng
These were taken on the first sunny day in 27 days in Seattle! haha

I would just buy one off ebay or the list here as they are cheap. I think I paid $20 for mine. biggrin.gif
freezing14
ok then,, for 20$ i will buy one ,, I taught that they were 100$ or so,,as they are weird and rare,, i will keep looking for the adds
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.