Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The beast has roared!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Well, after a couple of hours of tinkering (thank god for an extra day off), replacing the fuel pump, adding fuel filters and wearing about a galon of gasoline, she fired up. It looks like I have a huge discrepancy in the flow rates for both sides... but right now both sides are working.. and that makes me happy. Now to get it all balanced and synchronized.

Man.. those webers sound sweet!!!
Aaron Cox
wicked!!!

pics? video?
Joe Ricard
Sorry what's the motor. I am not up on your car. Glad you got it going.
Root_Werks
Carbs do sound cool. biggrin.gif
dinomium
gotta be quick or you might not have eyebrows for while!
laugh.gif
Oh yeah, that is voice of experience... spam.gif (since we dont have a "my head is on fire from a carb overload backfire!" smiley!!)
Crazyhippy
So that's what that sound was....

I assumed it was the chili last night unsure.gif

Congrats
BJH beerchug.gif
Howard
BJ, think we'll get him to come out and play?
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 17 2006, 09:32 AM)
Sorry what's the motor. I am not up on your car. Glad you got it going.

It's a 1.7 converted to a 2.0. Had FI, but the MPS blew out. Decided to go carb instead of fixing FI, since I hope to go to a larger motor within a year. Wanted to learn how to play with carbs in the meantime.
Joe Ricard
Cool, if you need help with the carbs I still have my eyebrows. Must be quicker than the average carb tweekers. confused24.gif
dinomium
it only happend to me once! It was a lancia beta with a bad serpintine belt and a sick carb....
happy11.gif
Carlitos Way
I can definitely use some assistance. Aaron was giving me the "down low" last night... but it's nothing like what I had hoped/expected... so... it's going to be a nice STEEP learning curve. I'll probably play around with it tonight when i get home from work.
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 17 2006, 10:27 AM)
BJ, think we'll get him to come out and play?

Who's BJ????
Howard
No, not that kind. CrazyHippy goes by BJ biggrin.gif
He makes it to most of the local drives.
Hey wait, if you, Aaron and Lagunero all have cars that run, who can we kick around?

Carlitos Way
I'm still up for some kicking. It's roaring.. but not necessarily running right now. So... I have to make sure I get this sorted out. I might end up taking it to Carrera now that I know I can at least get it there... I also have to get him to look at the oil leak.
Crazyhippy
Howard,
I dont know if he'll make it or not... he would have to give up riding bitch in the Viper biggrin.gif

W/ any luck, i'll have a few more HP this weekend... bumping the displacement a bit (2liter baby) and some other stuff biggrin.gif happy11.gif

BJH beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.