Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you use for an engine stand?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Shaw
Jake's 2056 kit arrived last week (just like a second Christmas mueba.gif mueba.gif). After unpacking everything I realized I needed something to hold the engine during assembly and rebuilding. Looked in Performance Product catalog for an engine stand, thinking it would cost about $50. They've got a great one - but for about $350. Since I'm going to build only one or two motors, that's awful pricey. Anyone got an idea on how to build one, buy one cheap or can loan me one for a month or so? Need some ideas quick!
goose2
got Harbor Freight in your area? $50
Site
I bought one of these and I've been happy with it. I had to add a bunch of washers (or I could have cut some spacers, I suppose) to where the engine bolts onto the stand for some reason. But, the engine sits very solidly upon the stand, and the wheels make the whole thing easily moveable, even with the engine bolted onto the stand.
d7n7master
Take a look here:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...0002087/c-10101
----
Bill Shaw
Damn! I forgot all about JC Whitney. That looks exactly like what I need. Knowing them, they're probably out of stock or have filed for bankruptcy again, so I really appreciate the alternatives. Thanks, guys!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.