Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tighten belt 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventilator01
Went for a long ride today ( found a cool road that curves alot and kinda goes up a mountain) anyhow when I first cranked it up I heard a chirping noise and then some when when going fast heard it again, pretty sure a belt needs to be tightened. I checked the haynes and it kinda tells which bolts to loosen, but does not get into the first part, like how to get to it ect. Is this done from top or bottom, any tips appreciated.
thx
steve
ps is there just one belt? its a 2.0
SLITS
One belt......two black plastic hole covers on driver's side engine tin....you'll need a 4 mm allen hex wrench to loosen the pinch bolt (one under the front plastic hole cover)......
ventilator01
From the top or underneath?
rhodyguy
top, or inside the engine compartment.

k
ventilator01
you'll need a 4 mm allen hex wrench to loosen the pinch bolt (one under the front plastic hole cover)......

Mine seems to be a half inch socket, then I used a half in open end wrench to hold the nut , is there a trick to getting the alternator pulled tight, when i get my hand around and get it pulled tight theres not much room to get another hand in there to tighten it back up.

I think I actually need to replace the belt, thers only about a quarter inch left to pull the alternator.
thx
steve
Dave_Darling
There's a second little plastic cover on the side of the engine tin. You can reach through the hole that cover is on to push the alternator down, while you tighten the pinch bolt through the front hole. You should not need to hold the nut on the back of the bracket; it should have a tab on it that keys into the slot on the bracket.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.