Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni shock ID
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I went to the Koni web site and couldn't find these part numbers.

So I picked up a box of used shocks and springs a couple of weeks ago, But I'm not entirely sure what I have. Got two sets of front and two sets of rears. Main problem is that my front struts are early 911 Bils so I don't think either of these will work, I'll work on that later...

Anyway I have 82R-1647 that have the screw cap built in and 82R-1730 with a separate screw cap (not sure what it is really called) which looks right for a 914 or Boge type front strut. So whats the deal with 1647?

I also got rear Konis and there is no question there, but another set of rears that are orange in color and say "Made In Mexico", can't find any other part number on these???

If you know anything let me know
TIA
Mike D.
Eric_Shea
Just eyeballing, the one in the left looks like it has the coarser Boge strut threads. They both could be for Boge's. Without the cap on the second one it's hard to tell.

Call Jason at Paragon with those part numbers. He's the official Mr. Koni and he's (was) a 914 guy.

E.
Jeroen
AFAIK, there are no Koni inserts that fit Bilstein struts...
jd74914
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Jan 17 2006, 05:51 PM)
I went to the Koni web site and couldn't find these part numbers.

Mike,

Call Koni (IIRC they are somewhere in the middle of the US) and ask them to look up that part numbers. I did that with some shocks I got out of the local paper that I wasn't sure about and the guy went in the back and told me what they were for, no hassles. smile.gif
Eric_Shea

Correct. They don't play well together.

Koni is in KY
jd74914
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Jan 17 2006, 09:43 PM)

Correct. They don't play well together.

Koni is in KY

I knew the state started with a K, but I was thinking Kansas wacko.gif
In any case, they do know all at the factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.