Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT GT3 Boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soupbone
http://www.prtechnology.com.au/workinprogress.html

Engine. The GT3 engine ‘almost’ fits into the Boxster engine cavity..........

Gearbox. A new Boxster 6 speed gear box had to be ‘grafted’ onto the GT3.

Wow interesting......
Root_Werks
Wow! Looks like one crazy fast 986! driving.gif
DanT
Kinda like this? biggrin.gif
DanT
here's a better one
DanT
and one more
seanery
That's a PCA GT3R class car, not a Boxster with a GT3 motor in it! I'd love to see more pics of the Austraulian car, their website pics kinda suck.
DanT
That is definitely a Boxster S with a 996 motor, set up for GT3R. The owner is Dr. Chris Murray a long time GGR member and former Time Trial Chairman. He built most of the car himself.
I was going for the Body work looks, the motor is another matter.
His car is probably putting out in the 330+ Hp.
seanery
hell I'd take 330 HP!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
330 is nice biggrin.gif

Seen the boxster pictured... nice car.

I'd reallllllly love to put a cayenne twin into a boxster...

Throw some more tuning and beef up the turbo's... 600 sounds like fun biggrin.gif

Andrew

DanT
You say you want 600HP

here you go
Mueller
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jan 17 2006, 05:34 PM)
That is definitely a Boxster S with a 996 motor, set up for GT3R. The owner is Dr. Chris Murray a long time GGR member and former Time Trial Chairman. He built most of the car himself.
I was going for the Body work looks, the motor is another matter.
His car is probably putting out in the 330+ Hp.

the original "S" motor from that car is going into a fellow 914club members 914 smash.gif welder.gif

this is the same motor that I injured my back with picking it up with a few other 914club members..... wacko.gif ....at least I got a few hundred bucks out of AFLAC for the pain and suffering unsure.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 17 2006, 05:52 PM)
I'd reallllllly love to put a cayenne twin into a boxster...

Throw some more tuning and beef up the turbo's... 600 sounds like fun biggrin.gif

I'd take a gt3 motor over a canaynay turbo. The powerband on the gt3 is just better, and its a much lighter engine (easier to package).
shadygrady
who's putting a boxter motor in a 914? I was thinking about that when I found a wrecked boxter this summer. But when I measured the boxter engine, it was wider than my engine bay. could have gotten motor and tranmission for $1000. 3.0L I later bought cost a lot more.
Mueller
QUOTE (shadygrady @ Jan 17 2006, 08:32 PM)
who's putting a boxter motor in a 914? I was thinking about that when I found a wrecked boxter this summer. But when I measured the boxter engine, it was wider than my engine bay. could have gotten motor and tranmission for $1000. 3.0L I later bought cost a lot more.

2 people right now in California that I know of...both want to stay off the radar until conversions are done......supposedly there is one running around in Germany, but besides pictures of the Boxster muffler on the car, there is no other proof what is really powering the car except for rumors and hearsay smile.gif

soupbone
I wonder would a GT3 engine even bolt up to a 915? Wonder what a used engine goes for from a wreck? Probably stupid cash......
rick 918-S
********************************************************************************

Using PRT's CADCAM facility, drawings were produced to establish the critical relationship between the flywheel/clutch of the GT3 engine and the mainshaft of the gearbox. The Boxster's housing was then modified by cutting, welding and remachining to ensure alignment and fit. Jigs were produced to ensure accuracy. Even if we do say so ourselves, the end result is brilliant.

********************************************************************************

Hell, That sounds like the Rube Goldberg method. wacko.gif I think I could have done it with my caliper and router... confused24.gif lol2.gif That's what I did on mine.... cool_shades.gif
Jeroen
using that bellhousing adapter, you could mate the Boxster tranny (tip, 5 or 6 manual) to any aircooled /6 engine

I wonder if they'd sell the adapter alone (and for how much)

Looks like the kind of product WEVO could make
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.