Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver floor pan repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferdinand
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've had my 73 2.0 for 10+/- years. However, I'll admit that I don't know squat when it comes to Porsche/ VW, but I'll learn the hard way I'm sure. screwy.gif
I found significant rust in the small channel underneath the driver's floor. There is no channel on the passanger side. What is this channel for? I don't see where it has rusted through the floor and I planned on cutting and grinding it off and POR. Should I replace the channel or weld on a patch or replace the front floor? Thanks sawzall-smiley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Ferdinand @ Jan 17 2006, 10:28 PM)
I found significant rust in the small channel underneath the driver's floor.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

not sure what part you're talking about ...

welcome to the club! smilie_pokal.gif

i'm in Öakländ as well ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Ferdinand
The channel starts at the front pan that covers the rack and is about 12" long x 3" wide. It appears to be under the pedal cluster. Is this channel essential? BTW, it's a B taking a photo under the car on the ground. Thanks
McMark
It's a support for the pedal cluster. Keep an eye out for a car being cut up or post a classified ad. You'll be able to find a rust free panel. In the mean time, get some rust converter like Metal-Ready and just neutralize the rust for now. I wouldn't sweat it, but I would definitely replace it, if it were my car.
Jeroen
check your master cilinder for leaks
that's most likely the cause for rust in this location

also check the floor (inside the cabin) at the pedal cluster
good chances of finding more rust there dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 18 2006, 06:59 AM)
also check the floor (inside the cabin) at the pedal cluster
good chances of finding more rust there dry.gif

agree.gif

i think this part is to prevent flex on the floorboard near the pedal cluster ...
wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.