Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insomnia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
WTF. I can't sleep.
Porcharu
I have a 10 day old boy, I'm always up now. I sleep in 2 hour power naps between feedings and am getting pretty good at one hand typing on the laptop. Is this a normal thing for you? I suffered insomnia for over 20 years and have some good ideas on how to sleep.
Trekkor
I am sleeping yellowsleep[1].gif

KT yawn.gif
Howard
biggrin.gif Been fighting the crud for the last few days, not sick enough to get any sympathy but feel about 50%. So I just hang around here for the laughs.
Howard
10 DAY old? Congrats! Let me tell you about cost of college and down payment on first house. Kids are fun!
neo914-6
wavey.gif Hi Steve and Howard! Trek is sleeping so he can't read this... laugh.gif
Howard
Felix, don't think I ever commented on your posts, but really like your ideas. The thought of a 2000# 150hp roadster could be a commercial success. Ya really can't develop one from scratch because of the EPA/DOT stuff, but an inexpensive conversion of a 914 or MR2 could be a hit.
Howard
OK, I'm outta here. This RV just went by.
Jacques
blink.gif Insomnia?! ha, I choose to go to sleep at 5 AM almost everyday! ( 1:15.. it's still early!)

dry.gif this'll put you to sleep; my foneblog
neo914-6
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 18 2006, 01:06 AM)
Felix, don't think I ever commented on your posts, but really like your ideas. The thought of a 2000# 150hp roadster could be a commercial success. Ya really can't develop one from scratch because of the EPA/DOT stuff, but an inexpensive conversion of a 914 or MR2 could be a hit.

confused24.gif but thanks for the praise anyway! biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I should be schnoozing...But, here we are yawn.gif

KT
Type 4 Unleashed
When I sleep, I dream 914's. The doctor said I'am better now. happy11.gif
Howard
See, there are people following me wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2006, 12:20 AM)
See, there are people following me wacko.gif

just relax and have a few beer.gif
Brando
I can't sleep either.
Howard
OK, so we've got Oakland, Napa, Riverside, Aliso Viejo, and Napa. Everyone pur coffee, get in your cars and we'll meet. Bakersfield? laugh.gif

edit. pour
Trekkor
Too late, I'm out like a light... yellowsleep[1].gif

KTzzzzzzz
Brando
It'd be time to clock in for work the instant we sat down for donuts in the Bako.
GWN7
5 hr naps don't let me sleep till later beerchug.gif
Howard
OK party animals, see ya
johnmhudson111
I am watching Troy, hoping the bad acting will put me to sleep.....

popcorn[1].gif

I keep thinking of all the things I need to do to my car, I am up to 32 different items....
Twystd1
Now hold on there Horsey...

Costa mesa is awake and fondeling my Aaron doll....

Twystd1

NOTE: Howard loaned it to me via Brando....

johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Jan 22 2006, 03:45 AM)

Twystd1

(in my best Beavus and Butthead) ....he said fondeling....
Type 4 Unleashed
I, need to go to bed, I can't be burning daylight today, I've got lots of parts to get clean so I can get my motor back together, I split the case friday, droped the parts at the machine shop yesterday, so I, have lots of prep and cleaning, I've been making my list and checking it twice.
dinomium
I just came in from the garage... Hershy bar and beer for dinner
Why can't I sleep?
confused24.gif
messix
go to bed!!!!!
dinomium
yeah! NAPTIME is where I am a sea pirate!
J P Stein
When I was workin' 2nd shift, I'd be here at these late hours. Now I'm on 1st and I'm here early....go figure.
DNHunt
Mornin JP,

Had to get up to pee, no point in trying to go back to sleep cause the wife is sawing logs. Why is it women can look so good during the day but can snore like sailors? It must be to test that saying about if you can love em when _______ it's true love. Not feeling so lovey right now. I need coffee.

Dave
Tom Perso
Dave, aren't we required by law to love them or sumthin?

My poor wife, 3 months pregnant and she's either sick, or stomach hurts, or whatever. We're planning on going to church this morning, but I'm not sure if she's going to make it.

Something about the 2nd trimester makes things easier. We can only hope. huh.gif

I've got coffee and a new CD to listen to. Good times.

Maybe some car work today? biggrin.gif

Tom
TINCAN914
I'm up, don't know why. I too have to take a leak.. Must have been to many beer last night...
beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif oh one more.... beer3.gif
DNHunt
Ya pregnant wifes are tough. You feel so bad for them and there's not much you can do. You would think after having 1 they would never do it again but, they forget. Kinda like Type IV engines.

Take good care of her Tom

Dave
bd1308
lol2.gif
Tom Perso
Thanks Dave, you kill me though with the T4 comment.

I sold my 2270, vowed I would never touch a T4 again. Decided to do a 6-conversion. Couldn't pony up the $$$ for a 3.0 or 3.2 to do a MS conversion on. Thought about a subie conversion. Ugh. Didn't do it.

Now, I have 3 broken down T4's in the garage and a complete 1.8L still sitting in the back of my truck.

Here I go again... smile.gif

I try and take care of her. I do a lot more cleaning and cooking, along with all of the other housework things.

She's just starting to show, and I think it's dead sexy. smile.gif

There's nothing more special than seeing the first ultrasound and to see a 8 week old baby's heart beating. Makes everything else in the world seem small. wub.gif

Tom
TINCAN914
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Jan 22 2006, 05:46 AM)
Ya pregnant wifes are tough. You feel so bad for them and there's not much you can do. You would think after having 1 they would never do it again but, they forget. Kinda like Type IV engines.

Take good care of her Tom

Dave

About three months ago,my wife was late and thoughtshe was pregnant again. She went tothe Doc for her normal checkup and told her, so they ran a test and found out she wasn't. The wife called me and siad it came up negative. We were both a little disapointed, individually we thought it would be cool maybe we could have that little girl. We talked later that night and my wife said honey, if we want to have another we should do it now, I want to get past the sleepless nights and diapers. What do you think?

My reply: honey if you were pregnant, it would be a blessing, boy or girl, I would be thrilled. But to do that for a third time on purpose? What are you out of your head... I enjoy my sleep and what little remaining sanity I still have.
Congrats Tom...... Rest up..
DNHunt
Yep pretty special times.

Dave
Tom Perso
Indeed. I'm not sure how many more we want. I say 2, she wants 3. We both agreed not to buy a minivan.

I say 2. We can fit both of them and the dog into an Audi A3 and I'll be happy with that. laugh.gif

I think I went back to a stock T4 for an engine choice once we found out she was pregnant. I'm on a limited budget now - and a limited time frame.

Car needs to be running by July 28th. smile.gif

Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2006, 12:27 AM)
Everyone pur coffee, get in your cars and we'll meet. Bakersfield? laugh.gif

Were you guys at???
Howard
See, I told ya nobody wants to go to Bakersfield. What's up for today?
Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2006, 07:54 AM)
See, I told ya nobody wants to go to Bakersfield. What's up for today?

dry.gif

Nothing planned for today. smilie_pokal.gif

Refill the pool after yesterdays chemical wash and bbq this afternoon.

In the mean time I'm gonna sit in the garage holding my extra steering wheel making vroom vroom noises in anticipation of getting my car back...
Howard
Sounds like fun. Think this is why no one wants to go to Bakersfield poke.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 22 2006, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 22 2006, 07:54 AM)
See, I told ya nobody wants to go to Bakersfield.  What's up for today?

dry.gif

Nothing planned for today. smilie_pokal.gif

Refill the pool after yesterdays chemical wash and bbq this afternoon.

In the mean time I'm gonna sit in the garage holding my extra steering wheel making vroom vroom noises in anticipation of getting my car back...

Been there done that... It's overrated, but since that's all I have right now, it will have to do.
seanery
Man, I've had it bad since the beginning of December when my tooth was bad. I went 4 days without sleep then and I think it screwed up my body. I'm only just recently getting back to a somewhat normal sleep cycle, but last week I still had two nights where I couldn't sleep until after 2am. I'd love to be asleep by 11:30 or 12 and get up at 7:30 or so.
Brando
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Jan 22 2006, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Jan 22 2006, 03:45 AM)

Twystd1

(in my best Beavus and Butthead) ....he said fondeling....

Uhhhhhuhhuhuhh ... uuuuhhhhhuhhuhuhuh...

hey beaviths...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.