Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Trivia: Do you Know?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
What is the street address location where 'The City Porsche' 914 ad was photographed? If you've photographed your car there, post a picture here...

Achtung! Winner gets to post their own 914 Trivia question in a new thread. laugh.gif
JeffBowlsby
Here is my formerly chromed bumper 914 assuming the position...
type47
oh, oh, i know this one.... actually i remember the same thing from a (couple?) year ago. it's in san francisco.... so i don't actually know the address..... sad.gif
Gustl
459-461-463 Greenwich St. (one building) in North Beach, San Francisco, CA
facing up the hill, and ahead of the manhole in the street

type47
DANG! beaten out by an Austrian no less!
Gustl
QUOTE (type47 @ Jan 18 2006, 02:04 PM)
DANG! beaten out by an Austrian no less!

well, your location says "Vienna" - thats the capital of Austria wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
Jahvol mein freund....we have a winner in only 9 minutes 14 seconds.... laugh.gif

So now you are the king not only of 'Whats this car?' but also 914 Trivia too.... biggrin.gif

Surely you of anyone here can come up with a great 914 trivia to keep us thinking...

Any possibility that you can make it to the WCC in Portland in July?
Gustl
Jeff, I knew the solution after 1 minute, but waited till 9 min 14 sec because it's cooler laugh.gif

my teachers at school told me that it's not so importand to know everything out of my brain, but to know where to look for the answer - and I knew a really great resurce rolleyes.gif

I'll think of another trivia question, but due to the fact that I'm at the office I'm a little bussy - might take a little time ...

unfortunately it seems to be very unlikely that I could make it to Portland in July sad.gif

it could be easier for me to join the WCC in 2007
if I understood the system correctly the WCC 2007 will be in SoCal again?

wavey.gif Gustl
VaccaRabite
Man, I looked at that picture and said to my self: "Self, that is San Francisco!"

But then I had doubts. "Its been a long time since I was there last, self, I must be wrong" I said. And so I kept mum.

Zach
JeffBowlsby
WCC2007 should be in Northern California...the same as the first WCC in 2004 that I hosted. There was an informal concept that the WCC event would rotate between Northern California, then Southern California, then the Pacific Northwest, so that the entire West Coast of the USA would be served every three years. No one has stepped up yet to lead the WCC 2007 though as yet, so nothing has been determined.
Gustl
new trivia question:

only one single 914 was produced with thinner body panels - what's the VIN

wavey.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
that would be the hillclimb 914/6
Gustl
can't tell you for sure - I've never heared that this specific car ever was used for a hillclimb event confused24.gif

but you're right, it's a 914-6

wavey.gif Gustl
olav
We should get a bunch of 914's and line the street on either side for the photo of the chick.

The original photo has to bugs in it they should all be 914's for the new picture.

smilie_pokal.gif
lapuwali
Assuming you could get an empty street for the shoot, yes. I'd think that would require an act of god anywhere in SF, though.
Tobra
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 18 2006, 10:40 AM)
Assuming you could get an empty street for the shoot, yes. I'd think that would require an act of god anywhere in SF, though.

That is what I was thinking, but there are some truly excellent bars within a short stumble from that spot, so we could take turns drinking and waiting for spots to open up. You just have to get there on street cleaning day, and you would be able to get one side of the street covered after they went by.
wbergtho
You guys have way too much time on your hands...(just kidding...I think it would be a great idea. Everyone get together, have a 914 lovefest in SFO and have some silly "numbers in a hat gag" to decide who gets their car in the exact spot...then all the other losers litter the entire street with their 914s. It'll look like 914 Blvd for christ's sake! I'm in...just let me know when and where...and I'll be there with my 914!!!
Gustl
QUOTE (wbergtho @ Jan 18 2006, 09:53 PM)
I'm in...just let me know when and where...and I'll be there with my 914!!!

it should be clear where the action will take place dry.gif

I posted the map and address at the top of this thread biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.