Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Fuel Gauges..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I need to buy a small (2&1/6 ?) VDO fuel gauge but was wondering if those have an integrated warning light ? I like that feature and would feel more secure with it. Can't remember seeing the light in pictures I've seen of them though. Anyone know?

Doug C
bd1308
IIRC the warning light is a seperate circuit....

it would be easy enough to fashion a seperate warning light though.

b
Root_Werks
I went through this a few months back. I couldn't find one VDO made with the warning light.
DougC
Don't you get nervous when it gets low? Or have you grown used to it? I hope there is a way to run the light off a seperate circuit, 'cause I need that light sad.gif

Doug C
ClayPerrine
Doug,

I would get a 911 oil pressure/Temp gauge to replace the speedo. Then use one of these

user posted image

mounted in the console area for a speedo. It's a GPS speedo, so no cables to worry about with it. Tire size won't affect it either.
Sideways
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2006, 09:31 AM)
Doug,

I would get a 911 oil pressure/Temp gauge to replace the speedo. Then use one of these

user posted image

mounted in the console area for a speedo. It's a GPS speedo, so no cables to worry about with it. Tire size won't affect it either.

Who makes the GPS gauge?
ClayPerrine
Gaffrig Performance's line of GPS speedometers.
Sideways
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jan 18 2006, 09:39 AM)
Gaffrig Performance's line of GPS speedometers.

Thanks Clay..... smile.gif
bd1308
there are supposedly contacts at the bottom of the fuel sender that short which illuminates the low fuel level warning light....

which makes sense, because there are three wires in that harness connection....a ground, and two signal wires....so one does the resistance for the guage and the other would be for the warning light.

it would be easy enough to just wire up a simple light, and you really cant mess anything up doign trial and error.

b
DougC
I already do have the 911 Combo pressure/temp gauge and I love the idea of the GPS gauge but I couldn't find what size it is, diameter.. also a little out of my budget sad.gif

I will try hooking up a seperate light as B has suggested first I think. I suppose Radio shack would have a light that would work.

Doug C
DougC
Anyone know (again) which VDO fuel gauge works with the 914 set up? I have it written down somewhere...someplace.

Doug C
goose2
I used a vdo fuel ga without the light and put an indicator in the top of my dash gauge panel where I can't ignore it. Your local auto parts store should have some 12v pilot lights that just press in. I added another one for high beams too. There is a small vdo fuel ga with a pilot light but it's hard to find (saw one on ebay once but I was outbid). I think the ga you want has a 10-180 ohm range, same as some VW Beetles. Check here: Eguages
DougC
You know I may just "hang" my Fuel gauge and Volometer from the top bar of my roll-bar using this..
http://egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?Subgroup=2...Roll_Pod&Cart=1

'cause I'm starting to think I don't want a center console..
Doug C
type47fan
. . . if you use a center console and the 911 combo gauge in the dash. . . .this works nicely. . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.