Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - 914 only GT Legends League
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
A guy from Race Sim Central and I have been working on a bunch of 914s. You know that already. He talked to me earlier about setting up a 914 league. It looks like he's getting more serious about it and was curious how many folks here would be interested in a weekly race? Day of the week and Time - tbd.

I'm not that good at it, but this sounds fun. I seem to spend more time making skins than driving. biggrin.gif
spare time toys
will the cars be in the game or do we need to design our own? How would I get a red one with a grey stripe and slant nose with a big old wing in it so I could run my own car? If a league was done could each racer have a image that looked like his/her own real car? But it would be a blast. smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
I'll go.. but I still havent beaten the mini races online with other people... best is 3rd...
seanery
Larry, I could paint one up like yours, but the wing and slant nose are a no-go.

Andrew, you're up on me....I've yet to have a single online race! laugh.gif
goose2
I haven't yet tried online racing...not sure my computer hardware is up to the task, but I'd try it. I used to do online sailboat racing...it was a blast.
DonTraver
Ok, I'm simi interested. What would the basic equipment/programs/cost to get it up and running.

Later, Don

And yeah, I would want a black 914-6 with my numbers/class on it, see picture.
DonTraver
Pic didn't post, here it is again.
blitZ
QUOTE (DonTraver @ Jan 18 2006, 12:06 PM)
Ok, I'm simi interested. What would the basic equipment/programs/cost to get it up and running.

Later, Don

And yeah, I would want a black 914-6 with my numbers/class on it, see picture.

I have a server up and running, we can use it.
seanery
Don,
You'll just need a decent PC with a good graphics card, broadband internet, GT Legends software. Oh, and using a steering wheel helps, so you'll probably want one of those. I can make you a version of your car, but it will be flared, not a narrow body like yours is, though.
seanery
icon_bump.gif
goose2
Does anyone know if online racing is more demanding on CPU than normal gaming? I have good video card, lots of ram, and a fast dsl connection...but cpu is 1.1 ghz AMD...borderline for more than 12 cars offline.
VaccaRabite
I am totally in for this, but not till the "official" US release at the end of the month. I'm funny like that. slap.gif

Zach
spare time toys
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 18 2006, 01:25 PM)
Larry, I could paint one up like yours, but the wing and slant nose are a no-go.

driving.gif Tell me where to got to do this. Iwanna play too. No slant or wing is fine.
seanery
right now ebay is the best choice, but it's supposed to be everywhere late next week.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Vacca Rabite @ Jan 18 2006, 05:38 PM)
I am totally in for this, but not till the "official" US release at the end of the month. I'm funny like that. slap.gif

agree.gif gotta get the full version and a good wheel. using the keyboard for steering SUCKS ...

boldblue.gif Andy
mikelsr
Hey, I'll try anything (or most anything). I will bring up the rear for a while. Have the game, wheel, and the ambition - just lack the skill! laugh.gif
seanery
anyone up for a race tonite on blitZ's server?
North Bay 914
I am interested, I just love riding in cars...whens the first battle? I found the screenshots, they are in some strange format that I can't open.
McMark
I feel so left out. sad.gif

But then again, I SUCK at GT3:A-SPEC, so I would probably be a joke here too.
Andyrew
Im going on gtl now.. Lemme know if you wana race Sean... (post here)

Be there till 1am my time.

Andrew
tat2dphreak
I'm in, but I will not be good... this games is damn hard without a wheel, even my gravis that I've used for all the NFS games just can't cut it
johannes
driving.gif I would rather be pleased to join but I will face some time shift issues ...
I live in France so I will have to stand up in the middle of the night to join ... huh.gif
cha914
someone email me when you are going to be online agian, an all 914 shootout would be a blast!!!

I have been playing with a buddy online, but only got up to 4 cars going at once, so its not super exciting...

Tony

cha914 _at_ gmail _dot_ com
MoveQik
For those of us not in the know....what is GT Legends? Is it a Playstation game or sumthin? Why do I feel like the only guy on the board that has no idea what you guys are talking about???
seanery
GT Legends is a PC game/sim where you race 60's and 70's FIA sportscars. There is a 914, 2 911RSRs, a 906, GT40, Cobra, Shelby Daytona, Pantera, etc.... We have been able to add extra 914s into the game. See my 914 Skin for GT Legends thread. There are tons of pics there.

The game has been under construction for a loooooong time and was released this fall to most of the world and late next week will be officially released here in the US. But, you can get it on ebay and other places already.
rhodyguy
would i get lapped on a regular basis on dialup?

k
seanery
i dunno kev, It seems that you can play via dialup...it shows up as an option on Multiplayer mode....confused24.gif
blitZ
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 19 2006, 08:15 AM)
would i get lapped on a regular basis on dialup?

k

Based on other online gaming I have done, you might exprerience lag, where the game is ahead of what you are seeing. missing frames, etc.

Pnambic
What are the video card requirements?

Currently running an AMD Venice 3500+ that came with a free ECS board with onboard ATI X200 graphics using 128MB pilfered from my gig of Ram. I intend on adding an NVidia 6600GT PCIe card in about a month or so. Would the onboard video cut it in the meanwhile?

I also don't have a wheel/pedal set. Anyone have any inexpensive suggestions or extras sitting around? Remember that whatever I spend on this game and the steering wheel come out of my 914 fund... unsure.gif smile.gif

Looking forward to some driving.gif

p.s. Sean, you need to put a link to your 914 skins in your signature! They look absolutely awesome!
seanery
Thanks Dan!

I'm not sure about the video card, but I bet you could do it by dumming down what it's asked to do in the setup. As far as a wheel goes, make sure and get a force feedback wheel. You really do get a feel for the car with it.
blitZ
I got the Logitech Momo wheel from NewEgg, works great. Has paddle on the wheel, which I mapped to upshift and downshift.

Logitech Momo
johannes
I experienced very slow framerate with my previous videocard.

My computer is not so young and I have only AGP X4 slot for videocard.
My processor is a Xp 2400 (2Ghz) and I have768 Mb of ram

I previously had a ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128 Mo and this made the game slow down so I couldn't play at all. Avoid all these "SE" cheap cards if you want to play to GT Legends.
I bought a Radeon 9600 Pro (costs less than 100$). Now I can play the game. I can't set all the effects to "Max" but I can play even when 30 cars are on the track.

So I think anything faster than a 9600 Pro will be OK for you

For those who don't know the game, I made a small video you can watch here...
http://www.914garage.com/videos/914_dijon.wmv

BTW I own the Logitech MOMO ... and this is the weel to buy !! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.