Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color for my race wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
Hi Guys,
My rims are at the machinist's getting ball seats cut. I have them stripped and primed and I'm wondering what color to paint them. The car is yellow and will have big white "meatballs" with my AX number. Minilites always look good in silver, but I might want something different. I'm leaning towards black because it looks so "business". I'm just curious what other people think.

Thanks

beer.gif
Dave-O
Here is a picture of one mocked up with the original silver.
Aaron Cox
powdercoated silver
jhadler
I vote silver simply because that's the classic color for minilites...

However, black is good because it hides the brake dust...

And white might look good on a yellow car with white number plates...

I dunno, it's your car!!

biggrin.gif

-Josh2
seanery
I voted for silver, but what would be cool (maybe) is a black wheel with either a polished/machined finished lip if not then possibly silver paint.
goose2
black wheel with either a polished/machined finished lip if not then possibly silver paint.

yes...I like that scheme....and since they're already at the machinist's........ cool.gif
maf914
I vote for silver. As you said it is the classic Minilite color. It also makes the wheel diameter appear to be greater than if black is used. I think black looks good on larger diameter wheels, like Joe's 914 RS with 17" wheels.

I have black center with polished rim 15" Revolutions and sometimes wish I had silver instead.
nynone4
I like this:
Porsche Rescue
I like contrast (can you tell?). Go with satin black. Silver would be fine if the car was a dark color.
msglaigaie
It has to be black with the silver as it is in pic #2. Very "business" MSG L
Dave-O
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Jan 18 2006, 01:28 PM)
I like this:

Wow, I really like the satin black. I was planning on gloss black but I like the looks of that, can you do one with the whole wheel in satin?
nynone4
Here ya go. I personally like the silver machined look on the rim with a dark grey center (to set the wheel apart from the edge of the tire) - but just my opinion:
twistedstang
another vote for black inner with polished outer
Andyrew
All black.

Look at Joe RS's car..
nomore9one4
QUOTE (twistedstang @ Jan 18 2006, 01:04 PM)

I agree!! smilie_pokal.gif
Rand
QUOTE (twistedstang @ Jan 18 2006, 01:04 PM)

I agree!! smilie_pokal.gif
This:
user posted image
fiid
My real vote would be silver - because mini lites just look great in silver,

but I am forced to say YELLOW! Because Yellow is faster and these are race wheels biggrin.gif
nynone4
How about body color centers?

Aaron Cox
if it aint silver, it looks like an empi lol2.gif
Dave-O
Wow, you guys are making this tough. I would rather do just one color to save on my own time. If I ever turn them into street wheels I may redo the faces. I guess now I just have to decide between satin black and gloss black.
ottox914
Do the whole wheel gloss black... like mine. We need more team identity at the events. I'll try to post a pic later.
ottox914
wheels:
ottox914
black with silver lip on a yellow 914:
lotus_65
dave, i had to go with the black/machined look.
i also like the matte-finished look of the machined lips. it looks bad-a$$. ninja.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.