Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweet ebay 914-6 ...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JmuRiz
Ah yes, the elusive 1976 3.6 911S motor with carbs laugh.gif
Somehow I don't think this guy has driven the car (from the looks of it), so how can he tell it goes fast?
dlo914
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Jan 18 2006, 01:38 PM)
so how can he tell it goes fast?

because it's yellow...well this portion of the car is yellow chairfall.gif
Rand
A "real" 914-6 with a 911 motor?

I don't know much about "real" 914-6 cars, so school a noob.... Would you call the motor from a "real" 914-6 a 911 motor?
Eric_Shea
It's already more money than it's worth. You'd be upside down in that quick.
Root_Werks
If the guy has the vin right, its is an original six. idea.gif
Allan
ph34r.gif
olav
QUOTE (Rand @ Jan 18 2006, 01:57 PM)

I don't know much about "real" 914-6 cars, so school a noob.... Would you call the motor from a "real" 914-6 a 911 motor?

A 914-6 motor is a 1969 911 T motor.
tat2dphreak
look there's no rust here:

user posted image

sad that this is the best picture...

user posted image
olav
He says it's a 2.7 motor after someone came to look at it and told him.
Rand
QUOTE (olav @ Jan 18 2006, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rand @ Jan 18 2006, 01:57 PM)

A 914-6 motor is a 1969 911 T motor.

Ok.

Just symantics I guess... If it wasn't transplanted from a 911, I wouldn't call it a 911 motor. I would say it is an original 916-6 motor (also used in the '69 911). But then I would be getting too anal. spank.gif
vertigo
Just emailed machinenut in hopes to see car before he sells. Never knew there was one around here before.
Mueller
current high bidder bought a nice looking '72 914 in Oct.....price is way up there, hope like he// the car is rust free and the miles are as claimed wacko.gif

ebay car bought by current high bidder

It's already more money than it's worth. You'd be upside down in that quick
, yea, you gotta really love 914/6's to go up that high....car has potential, it just won't be easy or cheap...this will be a car to pour your soul into and pray that you never have to sell it screwy.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 18 2006, 06:57 PM)
current high bidder bought a nice looking '72 914 in Oct.....price is way up there, hope like he// the car is rust free and the miles are as claimed wacko.gif

ebay car bought by current high bidder

It's already more money than it's worth. You'd be upside down in that quick
, yea, you gotta really love 914/6's to go up that high....car has potential, it just won't be easy or cheap...this will be a car to pour your soul into and pray that you never have to sell it screwy.gif

agree.gif

Speaking from experience, I know all about that...
Eric Taylor
not to totally hijack this thread hijacked.gif , but what do you guys think an original six in this condition should be going for? And because i'm dreaming assume that the fender isn't all smacked to hell and all the original six bit's and pieces are at least in box's and come with the car.

Eric
r_towle
itll buff up just fine....
Verruckt
Holy crap!!! ohmy.gif

Talk about the mother of all hell holes...

user posted image

icon8.gif
John
Holy crap!!! ohmy.gif

Just a little surface rust..... smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Jan 19 2006, 09:13 PM)
Holy crap!!! ohmy.gif

user posted image

icon8.gif

wow, after seeing that, you'd have to "pay" me to take that car......

I really would like to see it get restored, but it'll never, ever be a money maker for the buyer unless he has slave labor doing the repairs and gets the parts for free......

Allan
You guys want the real skinny on the car?

I went and looked at it... rolleyes.gif
SLITS
Thank you Allan for looking at it for me....the guy just cheated himself out of $2K minimum.

Now tell them what you saw..................
Allan
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2006, 11:14 AM)
Thank you Allan for looking at it for me....the guy just cheated himself out of $2K minimum.

After bagging on it so hard do you think they are worthy? laugh.gif
SLITS
No, but they wouldn't get off their lazy asses to make moves to have it PPIed....so make them hurt with what was there that they bagged on from the images lol2.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 20 2006, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2006, 11:14 AM)

After bagging on it so hard do you think they are worthy? laugh.gif

unless there is some secret stash of NOS parts that we are not aware of, I see unwarrented "bagging" at all smile.gif

do tell !!!!!
SLITS
On second thought Allan...forget it...

The guy that got the auction ended early just got a steal. After your inspection Glenn and I figured about 3K to put it back into shape
Mueller
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2006, 12:36 PM)

The guy that got the auction ended early just got a steal. After your inspection Glenn and I figured about 3K to put it back into shape

3K my A$$ !!!!! screwy.gif
Allan
Alrighty then...

I went and looked at the car on Wednesday for Ron. It is an original six with a '74 2.7. The only other part that wasn't original was the rear bumper (later year. Maybe '73).

Although the right rear fender had rust through on the outside, the body was actually very, very solid. It had a fabbed up battery tray but the hell hole was solid, no rust through at the firewall and the longs on both sides were solid although the jack posts needed to be replaced. Both the passenger and drivers floors were in really good condition (original color was yellow). Front and rear trunks had 1 nickel size hole in each. The only real issue with the body was the excessive bondo used.

All of the parts were with the car and believe it or not the only problems with the interior was a couple average size cracks in the dash and a softball size rip in the drivers seat.

As for the motor, he told me it was running but the battery was dead. Maybe, maybe not. He had a ton of documentation. Motor had been gone through in '85. Head stud issue was taken care of and new p/c's were installed along with a valve job.

$4200.00 was a steal...

Any questions?
SLITS
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 20 2006, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2006, 12:36 PM)

The guy that got the auction ended early just got a steal.  After your inspection Glenn and I figured about 3K to put it back into shape

3K my A$$ !!!!! screwy.gif

I didn't say a concours restoration.....It would have been a driver....

Paint & Body by Los Panchos

New tires

Rebuild brakes

Reassemble lights and shit

EDIT: new window seals

2nd EDIT: Buy a good looking 2.7 driver for 8K!!!!
Toast

ph34r.gif Well, so much for keeping this one a secret.
Allan
WTF.gif Suddenly everybody is silent....
SLITS
Fools said i, you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you.
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence

grantsfo
Beware of silent dogs and still waters. goof.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.