Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front monoball kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
Had a pretty interesting meet with a local P-nut in my area. He races a 70 911 with a 3.6 bi-turbo stuffed into it. This guy has a pretty big machine shop also (that where I meet him to pick up a set of Fuchs... biggrin.gif ). He showed me a couple of parts that he makes. Yikes!!! looks pretty impressive (but what do i know!).

Anyway the question is regarding the front 911 monoball setup he has. For 195$CDN if it fits, why not go for it. For you guys, 195$CDN equals what... spare change :finger2:

P stuff he makes

Is there any differences regarding the way that the top of the front struts attach on a 911 vs a 914?

Front suspension bushings and swaybar buchings (underbody) will be replaced this spring.

As for installing a front monoballs in the strut towers... Am I just dumping money at the car again???

TIA

Marc-Andre
Jeroen
afaik, those prices are pretty good
looks like he's got some interesting stuff there

cheers,

jeroen
jonwatts
Agreed, I found it bookmark-worthy. If I had my car more assembled I could buy some of his wheel spacers to check them out.
Brad Roberts
His front monoballs are the same as what we use from Smart. They dont allow you to use more negative camber in the alignment (which is why we normally do a monoball).

Good stuff, but nothing really new and nothing really ground breaking in prices.

B
Jeroen
Speaking of monoballs... any word yet about the new setup from Smart/Wevo?

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Havent kept track with that project. I'm dealing with them on a complete WEVO crash box with the new mid-engine 915 shifter (on a 915)

Crash box- (tranny that can be shifted under full throttle without clutch utilizing straight cut Hewland gearsets)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.