Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She got stopped for speeding already
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
I'm dying laughing. Just got off the phone with the wife who was pulled over for speeding in the Broom.

this would be her second day driving it. If ya'll remember she didn't go 2 weeks in the Mini before getting a big fat ticket.

Come ya'll laugh with me lol2.gif w00t.gif burnout.gif chairfall.gif

Hey Georgia, poke.gif poke.gif Love ya

Oh there's more w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 18 2006, 02:19 PM)
I'm dying laughing.  Just got off the phone with the wife who was pulled over for speeding in the Broom.

this would be her second day driving it.  If ya'll remember she didn't go 2 weeks in the Mini before getting a big fat ticket.

Come ya'll laugh with me  :lol2:  :woohoo:  :burnout:  :chairfall:

Hey Georgia,   poke.gif  :poke:     Love ya

Oh there's more w00t.gif  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

is she anything like Danica Patrick? if so...my o my. Speeding never looked this good wink.gif
MoveQik
Welcome to my world. I could fill a photo album with pictures of my wife from photo radar. dry.gif
Joe Ricard
Well it gets even better. She passed the unmarked CROWN VICTORIA. Duh!!!!! Now I know some people can't ID a cop till the blue lights flash.
I "usually" can peg a Crown Vic at night from a 1/4 mile back.
dlo914
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 18 2006, 05:08 PM)
Well it gets even better.  She passed the unmarked  CROWN VICTORIA.  Duh!!!!!   Now I know some people can't ID a cop till the blue lights flash.  

i always slow down when i see any car w/ orange lights in between the front headlights that's behind me...or when im behind a crown vic i look to see if there's the light assembly at the bottom left corner of the rear windshield OR the Gov't license plate Note* Car Exempted...so far so good for the past few years...:::knock on wood::: rolleyes.gif
Mueller
I still joke with my wife about her speeding ticket she got last year going thru TX....I warned her, but did she listen...nnnnnoooooooooo smile.gif

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jan 18 2006, 06:08 PM)
Well it gets even better. She passed the unmarked CROWN VICTORIA. Duh!!!!! Now I know some people can't ID a cop till the blue lights flash.

werd.

i almost got tagged by the white CHP camaro's that run on I-5......

woulda ruined that surf trip laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Next county over had a 04 Cobra for a few months (still black and white no light bar). We talked for awhile at the local gas station about the 914 and the Mustang. Don't know what happened to it haven't seen for quite awhile.
Korijo
we have black [no white] suburbans around here... ph34r.gif

good thing the wife drives the van™ laugh.gif
Andyrew
Crown vics, and the like are all we got...

I can spot it from about 1/2 mile away, and I know where they sit... Any place with a corner or a long view..
Meredith
I've been filing away the neighborhood speed-trap hot spots in my mental Rolodex since I started driving.

The newest (kind of) unmarked cop car I've seen lately is a black, early 90's Mercedes.

A pretty good giveaway in regards to unmarked cars: antennaes. There are usually a couple or three sturdy sticks attached to the top of said car.

G'night.
McMark
MER!

Go to bed. tongue.gif
Meredith
QUOTE (McMark @ Jan 19 2006, 12:57 AM)
MER!

Go to bed. tongue.gif

Sorry, Dad. Right away, Dad. Goodnight, Dad. sad.gif

rolleyes.gif
McMark
lol2.gif
watsonrx13
ROFLMAO.... Joe, you need to quit buying her new cars..... laugh.gif

-- Rob
Joe Ricard
Yea, I thought about grounding her. But when I got home I seen she wasn't the least bit thrilled. So I backed off and just giggled in the garage.
Told her this morning she should take the teener to work. I know it scares the crap out of her so she won't speed.
charlesmac
hehehe don't she know she's supposed to save all that fast hot-rod driving for the track? geez, endangering ohter and all......... maybe i shouldn't open that can of worms. rolleyes.gif
hey, i got it, let your son drive it a while, he won't speed.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Jan 19 2006, 06:03 AM)

hey, i got it, let your son drive it a while, he won't speed.

Yea sure Charles, You wouldn't think that if you looked at the boy's front tires of his Focus. wink.gif

balljoint
Just duct tape a block of wood (old piece of hockey stick) under her gas pedal. Instant speed governer. Problem solved. wink.gif
Joe Ricard
I did do that to my boy when he had the "Cool Blue Teener" I slipped the throttle cable back 1/2" He was getting 3/4 throttle at best. Never figured it out how I could always drive the car faster than him.

Now I don't care as he is 19 and responsible for his own actions.

Now the wife well. I think and hope she learned her lesson.
1. don't EVER pass a Crown Vic unless Grandpa moses is driving.
2. Cops will cross the median if they really want you
3. If you are passing ALL the cars you are going to get caught
rhodyguy
the white drug seizure audi that patrols 405 has made a bit of change for the state nailing aggressive drivers. the wsp has a number of nondescript cars and trucks.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.