914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Expensive::::::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2430175586
si2t3m
Rear bumper is from a later car?

Marc-André
anthony
I wonder if anyone will bite on this one. It's definitely worth $20K if it's truely in the condition stated with no surprises.
Andyrew
Rear bumper is from a later car?

Ya, why did he put the late style chrome bumper on? I see no sense in doing so.. If he was going for factory why?

confused24.gif
ChrisReale
Nice looking car tho. To me, a stock 6 2.0L has no interest to me. If/when I go six, Im looking for a bit more punch
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Aug 29 2003, 12:55 PM)
 To me, a stock 6 2.0L has no interest to me.  If/when I go six, Im looking for a bit more punch

Spoilt ya, eh? laugh.gif

Punch is gud.....even better than cheep.
Qarl
Is it me, or does the car not look signal orange?!? It looks more nepal orange or tangerine... or even maybe phoenix red.
ChrisReale
Yea JP, now I can blame it all on you. Didn't someone once say your elders should be a positive influence? laugh.gif
elmonte
I like that lift he has in one of the pictures, anybody know what kind ? Who makes it?
drew365
That car was in front of my car on the assembly line. My VIN is 9140432238. Should I buy it so they can be kept together. idea.gif Not!

On second thought maybe he'd be interested in mine as his next project. See if he could bring it back to factory specs and then go searching for #39 and then #40. It could be a life long project. laugh.gif

Elmonte: Eagle makes a similar lift that's in their catalog at $1,350, but the one in the picture is not quite the same.
EdwardBlume
Its a nice car, but to a collector not a driver, and $20,000 is a premium.

I'd go for a 3.2 conversion for $20K tho.

To each his or her own... cool.gif
anthony
$20K isn't much of a premium for a restored call like that. Average driver sixes are going for around $15K these days.

I've been waiting for a nice 3.2 six to come up for sale and I have seen a good one yet.
Porsche Rescue
My $.02. First, you would think someone who restored that car would know it's tangerine, not signal orange. Also, I think I see headers, not heat exchangers, jet hot coated or not. Even without the correct bumper, it is a beautiful car and could not be duplicated for $20K. Those wheel wells, rear suspension, gas tank area are gorgeous. Wonder what the reserve is?
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Aug 29 2003, 03:28 PM)
 Didn't someone once say your elders should be a positive influence? laugh.gif

Just trying to lead you down the path to 914 niverna confused24.gif
My 1st motor suffered from LOP.

You seem like a nice
young fella that wants to use his 914 for something other than trolling for trollops. Trollops loose their allure, but HP is forever. cool_shades.gif
ChrisReale
Alas, JP, not only has the seed been planted, but it hath begun to germinate blink.gif
-P-
nice autozone battery...

That is a spectacular car. One day.....
Eric Taylor
wow that's almost as clean as craig's car.
eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.