Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, my restoration just got put on hold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
After going over the household budget, and our plans for the year, I agreed to put my car on hold through the end of October. What happnes then, you ask? I'm getting married!

Erin and I are going to be paying for everything ourselves. Even planning small and relativly informal, its still expensive. The wedding will either be the last weekend in September, or mid October, and then a cruise leaving from Miami in early November (right in time for the hurricane season!)

So, until the wedding and honeymoon is paid for, my 914 is on hold. and not even really on hold, I suppose. There is a lot of work that I can do the cost of elbow grease - like taking off the under-coating... YUCK!

I was on planning to have the car drivable by Hershey, I'll just push that to Hershey next year.

Zach
Jake Raby
Beth and I will be hitching up on June 11 then going to Leman on the honeymoon to the "Classic Lemans"....

She has demanded that I finish my projects and get her damn car done and don't want the "hook" getting in the way!

She is a true Angel!

Congrats, I hope your score turns out to be as good as mine!
Bleyseng
Congrats to both of you!

Monique and I am still planning on a August wedding and I pushing for it to happen in Spain. Forget about all the friends who want to attend one in Seattle! I want outta here!

Where are you planning to cruise to??

Lemans sounds like fun as I hear its one big party! Better work on your French dude!
r_towle
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 18 2006, 07:33 PM)
Beth and I will be hitching up on June 11 then going to Leman on the honeymoon to the "Classic Lemans"....

She has demanded that I finish my projects and get her damn car done and don't want the "hook" getting in the way!

She is a true Angel!

Congrats, I hope your score turns out to be as good as mine!

gotta love a woman who says "finish my car first"

your found the right one Jake.

Congrats

Rich
scottb
i'm available for to drink for free and act in a less than sociably acceptable manner at any wedding reception.... fat, loud buddy can be booked for a nominal extra fee.... PM for travel requirements.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

congrats to all!!!!!
Brian Mifsud
with due respect, I SERIOUSLY reconsider that line where your girl and you are going to pay for everything.

My fiance and I decided we didn't want to "impose" on family by asking that they pick up any of the tab for the wedding. Turns out dad was annoyed we didn't ask and was willing to kick in for all the catering. Our pride got in the way, and we got stuck holding the whole bill.

Also, ...again with respect... women can and have been known to "change" subtantially (in all sorts of ways you didn't imagine) after that ceremony is over... your "hobbies" may lose substantial priority in their view......

I'm still pee'd off about $800 (1991 dollars) for flowers alone...................................................................................................................................................................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.