Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-ish - Subaru Engine Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I can barely start my 1.8 engine in my daily driver subaru impreza 1993 when it is cold outside. It was suggested to me that I may have a dirty connector at the sensor so I picked up a haynes manual but the pic is not enough to guide me to the sensor. see pic and give me an idea where it is buried. Note: my engine light IS on. When the weather is warm it starts - not perfectly - but much easier. I wrote OT-ish because I am probably gonna put a EJ22 2.2 135 HP sub motor in my 914 sometime this year. Thanks - Jim.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/blog-1...-1137630978.jpg
nsyr
there is a flat squarish pipe underneath the intake manifold which is for the coolant. it is on this piece. you should be able to follow the electrical connections to *i think* two sensors (one is for the gauge).
jimkelly
thanks - tomorrow I'll take a closer look. This is the pic in my haynes but I am not sure my engine bay looks exactly like the photos in the book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.