Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Hey fellas,

I have a set of pedrinni wheels I'm selling.
THIS is NOT a classified.

Someone has asked me whether they are early or late wheels?

I know it has something to do with hubcentric rings, but can someone help me remember...

Is it the early or late wheels that do or do not have the hubcentric rings?

thanks in advance
brant
TheCabinetmaker
I believe the late wheels did not have the rings.
Check Rusty's(Lawerence) web site for more info
Rusty
Late Pedrini's are milled for the hubcentric hubs. Early wheels will not fit on a later car, without some machine work.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
Rats, didn't I reply to this already? Or was that on the PP 914 BBS? Hmm, I get lost so easily. wink.gif

First thing--check the part number. The ones that end in ".00" will not fit correctly on 73+ front hubs specifically. Some 72s as well, I think. The ones that end in ".01" will fit fine on any 914-4 hubs.

OK, this is a Fuchs wheel without the center machined for the hub-centering ring. (Note the different casting than the standard Fuchs! Don't know if the Pedrini has similar casting differences or not.)
Dave_Darling
This is a standard Fuchs. Note the machining in the middle, as well as the different casting.
Dave_Darling
In this pic, we see that someone tried to modify the early wheel to fit the later hub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.